Surgery is 1 day away... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery is 1 day away... Surgery is 1 day away...

Unread 03-14-2005, 09:30 AM
Surgery is 1 day away...

Hi, I wanted to see how the others that are scheduled for surgery tomorrow are doing? At the moment, I'm fine, but by the time I get to the hospital tomorrow morning at 5am, I'm sure I'll be a nervous wreck. I'm sure they'll give me some medicine to help me relax, but I sure hope it doesn't knock me out. I've had other surgeries in the past and with all those, I didn't go under until I was in the OR, but I've heard other women who said that they were out before they made it to the OR.

I'm sure it'll all go fine, but of course I'm nervous.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2005, 09:33 AM
Surgery is 1 day away...

Hi Spa,

You are in the home stretch!! Best wishes with your LSH tomorrow. Please post after your hyst so we know how you are doing. We will be thinking about you!!

Mary
Unread 03-14-2005, 10:02 AM
Surgery is 1 day away...

My surgery is scheduled for Thursday and I admit I am a little nervous. I cleaned my house all weekend so it would be in good order. That helped me feel better but I am sure it's not important to everyone at home.

Not too long to wait now. I am almost jealous as I wish mine was tomorrow. That way it would be over with.

Good luck! We will be thinking of you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2005, 10:58 AM
Surgery is 1 day away...

Hi spa,

I go to the castle tomorrow too. At this point, I'm doing okay. I've been battling a nasty sinus infection since Wednesday, the day of my pre-op. I'm doing better. I'm not sure how that's going to affect things. We shall see. I'm taking antibiotics and a decongestant syrup. These were prescribed by my primary. I'm waiting to hear back from my gyne.

I must admit I do have periods of calmness and nervousness. I've never ever had surgery at all in all my 51 years. So, this is all new to me.

I have to report in at 8:00 am tomorrow. I'm chugging down the fluids today because it scares me not being able to have fluids for a while. Water is my security blanket.

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Unread 03-14-2005, 11:12 AM
Surgery is 1 day away...

Wow, I bet you are nervous since you've never had surgery before, but I will be praying for you. Once you get there and they get the IV in, they should bring you something to relax you, so after you get to that point, you'll be carefree!

Drinking lots of water is a very good idea today, I am doing the same thing. Sometimes they have trouble putting in an IV on me, and with my last surgery in October, I drank a lot of water the day before, and they didn't have any trouble at all!
Unread 03-14-2005, 11:41 AM
Surgery is 1 day away...

I've been feeling scared and nervous a lot.....used my nervous energy to clean the house. My kitchen absolutely sparkles right now!!!

I'm feeling more calm today. I think that's mostly because the wait is practically over. I feel ready.

I have my pre op consult. today with dr., and then go to the hospital for my preadmission tests, bloodwork, etc.

Tomorrow is the big day.........

Ohhhhh thanks for the water idea. I normally drink lots of water anyway, but they ALWAYS have trouble finding a vein to work with, so I'll drink lots extra today to see if that helps.

See you girls on the other side.

Off to polish my tiara.....
Unread 03-14-2005, 12:09 PM
Thinking of you

Dear "Sisters,"

Thinking of you as you make final preparations and then head off for the Castle. The waiting is about over, and you can look forward to a better future.

Sending best wishes for successful surgeries, and smooth starts to your recoveries. You'll do great!

Lots of S!!!

Cinderellen
Unread 03-14-2005, 06:58 PM
Surgery is 1 day away...

I go in on Wednesday, and like alot of sisters I just want to get it over with! If I let myself really think about it I get a bit panicky, but on the whole it's taken me so long to finally get to this point that I just keep in mind that this is the best thing for me to do for my overall whole health! I'm packed, had pre-op, and the house and garden are ready for a brief break! Hubby will be by my side for the next three weeks, so I guess I'm as ready as I can ever be!

Best wishes I hope everything will turn out okay. You'll be in my prayers. Let us know how things went when your able to.
Unread 03-14-2005, 07:57 PM
Surgery is 1 day away...

Hey Hey to all the Ladies in Waiting. I am so ready to get this over and done with. Today was my pre op at the doc and tomorrow I have the standard blood drawn and pee in a cup. Today I went and got earplugs, some new slippers and a pretty robe. I feel as ready as I will ever be.

I am sending lots of well wishes to all of you and hope that everything goes off without a hitch.

I will be thinking of you tomorrow and Wednesday. Thursday I will be going to the castle myself. I always wanted to be a princess.

This calls for a group hug dont ya think?

Waiting for the coronation

We are almost there

Thinking of you

Diane :snort:
Unread 03-14-2005, 09:03 PM
Surgery is 1 day away...

You are going to do just fine Spa, all of us are. Just focus on all the positive things instead of the scary ones!! (Like the sight of my silly dog running around in circles behind me chasing her new ball on a string! )
I'm going in on the 16th and am practically jumping for joy at the idea of having it finally OVER!!
Great big hugs all around
Jen

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register