TVT anyone??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TVT anyone??? TVT anyone???

Unread 02-26-2009, 08:42 PM
Question - TVT anyone??? TVT anyone???

I am scheduled for a LSO & TVT on March 17th....Guess you could say I'm going green!! LOL~

I'm tired of every giggle or sneeze causing me to wet my pants~so they say this will do the trick.

Anyone had these together?? How did it go?? Recovery time?? Just curious~

Thanks in advance!
mgf~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2009, 09:07 PM
Smile - TVT anyone??? TVT anyone???

mgf2u2,

I had a TVH, TVT with anterior repairs. Not the exactly same procedure you'll be experiencing but maybe I can help with the TVT part.

I noticed right away that my incontinence is soooo much better! The giggles, guffaws and sneezes no longer cause me to wet myself. I no longer have a need for liners or pads for urinary issues.
The recovery for me is ongoing. I urinate every two hours while awake and drink copious amounts of water and cranberry juice. I also need to practice my Kegels mid stream. My bladder is still not fully trained to the new position and I still have problems telling when I'm empty or full but it's much better than before I had my procedure. The direction of my stream is a little different too, it's parallel to my legs and not at an acute diagonal.

I hope this helps!
Good luck!
Unread 02-27-2009, 07:26 PM
TVT anyone???

I has a TVH, bladder sling (TVT- Thats what the OR nurse said). It worked great up to 6 weeks, and then failed. Back to the same degree of problems. Doc doesn't know why-esp since the 1st 6 weeks were so good. SIGH-It seemed like freedom for a while....
Good luck.
My advice is-if you get the green light for sex at 6 weeks and you really feel like it-don't! I wished I had waited an extra 2 or 3 weeks. I did it the first night and the leaking started the next day at every cough/sneeze, etc... I think that is what caused the change. First thing doc said to me was to stop intercourse when he heard from me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2009, 07:59 PM
TVT anyone???

Thanks for the info~
I am actually have LSH...not an LSO ...call that a typo!

My Dr. said that recovery should be about a week and I can resume sexaul intercourse after a week!
I mentioned that must be inportant to a man!~and he is one of those.

I promise I won't be rushing anything that is for sure.

I wonder why yours failed??
My Dr. said this is the best procedure out so I'm praying it works for me.

mgf~
Unread 03-01-2009, 05:08 AM
Sling

I had a TVT along with a TVH and cystocel and rectocele repairs. The only real pain I am having is at the site of the incisions for the sling. I realize that the mesh is a foreign object. I worry about having it in me over the long run. I wish the Urologist had used my own tissue. I did not know this was an option until post surgery. In addition, I fine I have to urinate MUCH more often, as my incisions really hurt when my bladder is full. Good luck. I have a lot of questions to ask at my post op Uro appointment!
Unread 03-01-2009, 02:29 PM
TVT anyone???

mgf2U2,
We don't know why it failed.... :-(
I think you better triple check having a hysterectomy and then having sex after 1 or 2 weeks. I have NEVER heard that EVER for any type of hysterectomy. My gynie (who did mine vaginally) said even without the traditional big abdominal incision it is a "brutal surgery" and pulled out the pictures and showed exactly all 5 arteries being cut before cutting out the uterus. He said to prepare to be an invalid for 2 weeks. No sex for 6 weeks(standard and the time it takes to heal), and even though mine was vaginal it was still the same surgery inside as the old way. Meaning, major surgery. You will feel it.

You may feel really frisky afterwards like a lot do surprisingly-hormones- but then a week or 2 later BOOM you feel the pain. Remember too that painkillers mask feelings and you can overdo it . In fact weeks 2-5 were harder then week 1 for me. I had no complications at the time. Could not have gone back to work. Sitting up for an hour was exhausting and painful. I don't know who your doc is, but NO ONE should be allowed to have sex after a hyster in 1-2 weeks. He is either wrong or misspoke or there was a misundestanding of some kind. People think these newer types of surgery make it more like a small surgery-and it doesn't!!! It is one less thing to heal from(large abd. incision), but please triple check this sex aspect. You would do great harm to have sex in the time frame he has given you. Think about it- a major cut would take more then a week to heal externally on your body-now picture being sliced and diced and sewn back up again internally and expecting it to be healed and being exacerbated by sex in 7-14 days. Nope, not even realistic. If that is in fact what your doc said, and he says it again, I would get a 2nd opinion-actually if it was me, I would run for the hills! Thats my opinion but I feel safe saying it. I think you should go up to the pre op board or post op and find those who have had the same procedure and see what their docs told them and then actually how their recovery was(sex timetable). I think its crucial you do this, I think you are under a false impression as to what to do/expect. I say that so you won't hurt yourself!
Other then that, good luck!
Unread 03-16-2009, 09:52 PM
TVT anyone???

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgf2u2

I am scheduled for a LSO & TVT on March 17th....Guess you could say I'm going green!! LOL~

I'm tired of every giggle or sneeze causing me to wet my pants~so they say this will do the trick.

Anyone had these together?? How did it go?? Recovery time?? Just curious~

Thanks in advance!
mgf~
I had a hysterectomy in 2005. I just had the TVT procedure done last Monday 3-9-09. I had to leave the hosiptal with a catheter because I was unable to relieve my bladder. Then the following Friday I had to remove the catheter 6 hours before my appointment to see if I was able to urinate. Though I didn't drink a lot because I was afraid of not being able to urinate without the catheter. Anyway I ended up in the ER that same night and still have a catheter today. I was told that my bladder was over extended and that I would need the catheter for a total of 5-7 days. I hate having this and am afraid that once it is removed that I will still not be able to urinate on my own. By read all the pros and cons on TVT surgery I don't think that I made the right decision....
Unread 03-18-2009, 02:20 PM
TVT anyone???

I had LAVH A & p reapir with bladder sling. the recovery for me has not been bad. It has been only a week, and had to do straight cath at home. Biggest concern is the need to go all the time because cannot empyt out completely, but was reasuured by my Dr that it is normal, and given a few months done the road everything should be good. I can do light housework, and gernally only feel mild pain that is not unbearable. Best of lucj and hope you are now home recovering. It will just take time I think for everything to go back to normal. One plus no accidents.
Unread 03-18-2009, 04:07 PM
TVT anyone???

Well this morning I just had to go in for a second sugery to have the tape loosened. I feel much better now but feel like I have to pee all the time. I think like you said that your bladder does not empty entirely. Hopefully in a few days I feel much better.. No catheter is a big plus
Unread 03-18-2009, 05:06 PM
TVT anyone???

70's Chick~
I don't plan on any sex for a while that is for sure.
He did say 1 week but there won't be any sex until I say so and feel so. lol

Did have my Px yesterday~feeling pretty good. A little paid at the incision sites but other than that I'm good. Just relaxing, crocheting and playing games on Pogo.
Nothing to cause any extra pain here.

Thanks for your input~
mgf~

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register