Now Im worried !!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Breast Health

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Now Im worried !!! Now Im worried !!!

Unread 06-09-2006, 05:35 PM
Now Im worried !!!

Ok ... I posted around six months ago, that I went for my first mammogram,(Im age 41, total H 10 years ago, only using premarin vaginal cream) I went to see my family Dr. yesterday for routine exam, blood pressure etc. and he wants me to repeat the mammogram, bc the first one said there was a small lymph node in the left breast......HELP...now im afraid....I thought everything was ok, since the radiologist didn't think anything was wrong......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-11-2006, 10:46 AM
Now Im worried !!!

A few years ago I had to do a followup mammogram as they wanted to check for changes in something they saw on the film. Everything came out okay. Your doctor is probably just being cautious. It's better to check and be sure. Do keep us posted on your results.
Unread 06-11-2006, 02:54 PM
Now Im worried !!!

Thanks for the support..Im going to go nuts between now and the mammogram results. I still don't understand what the radiology report meant, when it said there was a small lymph node...don't we all have lymph nodes in our breast?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-11-2006, 05:04 PM
Now Im worried !!!

Deltagal, I understand your concern.

I'm sort of going thru the same thing myself at the moment. I don't know what they saw on my mammo, but I have to go in for an ultrasound tomorrow.

Just wanted to let you know I will be thinking of you.
The waiting and wondering is the worst, isn't it?

Hugs.
Unread 06-11-2006, 08:58 PM
Smile - Now Im worried !!! Now Im worried !!!

Hi!

I had the same thing happen to me a few years ago (I was about 39) and the follow-up mammo was fine. I think this is pretty common. I have had several women tell me the same story. I will keep you in my prayers anyway!
Unread 06-11-2006, 11:02 PM
Now Im worried !!!

Hi deltagal Sorry you are so worried. Yes, we all have lymph nodes in our breasts. I wonder if your DR meant that one of them is slightly enlarged? Usually that is the sort of thing that shows up in a manual exam, not a mammogram.

Lymph nodes can be enlarged due to lots of causes... including from recent infections, or even from using anti-perspirants in the area. If one stays enlarged for more than a month, then the DR might want to check it out.

This link contains drawings that show the normal configuration of lymph nodes in the breasts:

http://imaginis.com/breasthealth/lymph_nodes.asp

Let us know how the repeat mammogram goes, OK? I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

s,
-Linda
Unread 06-12-2006, 06:34 AM
Now Im worried !!!

Thanks everyone for the replies....I have the 2nd mammogram the 27th, and naturally there is waiting time after that. I will post a follow up...Thanks especially for the prayers.....Dana
Unread 07-17-2006, 07:38 PM
Now Im worried !!!

Just courious ... when you say "radiologist" do mean the actual doctor or the technician that took your mammagram?

As a breast cancer survivor, I can tell you that the technicians don't know half as much as they think they know and they aren't suposed to tell you anything that they see ... for the simple reason that it can upset/scare you.

Something else I've learned along the way is that some doctors are just more "cautious" which is a good thing. He's watching you which is a good thing. I didn't have chemo for the simple reason that they caught it early. I know how scary it can be just thinking about the possibility.

Retail therapy is very helpful in these situations ... or a massage or manicure/pedicure.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register