I'm hurting... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm hurting... I'm hurting...

Unread 12-10-2001, 08:09 AM
I'm hurting...

Hi Sisters,

I had a LAVH/BSO on Dec 5 (5 days post) and for the last 2 days I have been hurting pretty bad. Last night I kept waking up from itching around my vulva. I thought maybe it was just from the hair growing back but today I'm hurting very low on my tummy. I've taken my Toradol and it's taken the edge off. I called earlier today to set up my 2 week post-op appt and told the nurse what I was feeling and about the itching. I told her I wasn't sure if it was a bladder infection, another kind of infection or if it was where the hair was growing back. She asked if I had a discharge and I told her no. She said to give it until tomorrow and if the itching didn't stop (said nothing about the pain) by tomorrow to call back. Ok, so I'm not the most patient person in the world...just ask the chatters (love you ladies!)...but I just wanted to find out if any of you had any ideas or suggestions? Or maybe just a hug or two to help me wait until tomorrow.

I have been very good and have been taking it easy, staying in bed or in the recliner, no lifting and drinking plenty of water.

I know I'm not supposed to (Chow and Toon ) but I've spent most of the morning walking around the house, it's the only way I seem to feel comfortable. I can't sit or lay down for very long before it starts hurting again.

Please let me know what you think.

Love you all,
Kim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-10-2001, 08:24 AM
Hi Kimmie

I am so glad to hear that you are home and recovering. I am sorry to see that it could be going smoother for you.

I never had any itching like you are talking about. My abdomen did itch, but I think that is different from what you are experiencing.

Not being so patient either, I'd probably call back if the itching didn't go away. There is nothing worse than itching.

I don't know about the pain either. What kind of pain? Sharp, achy ...what kind? I did have pain when I over did it. I too had problems laying down with my pain. That is better now too.

Hope you get some relief from the dr. soon, today.

Take Care - RobinS
Unread 12-10-2001, 08:35 AM
I'm hurting...

Hi Kimmie....
I was wondering how you were doing....I hate to hear your not feeling well....Here goes a big ...If I was you I'd call the and have them check you out...Please know your in my prayers and thoughts and hope you feel better soon....Keep us updated on how your doing....I'm 2 weeks post today...and I woke up feeling like I'd been run over by steam roller....So I guess it does take a while to start feeling half decent....I know it's been one day at a time for me....But know that you have alot of people on your side to help you through this....

's
Emma
Rgvmom2
Unread 12-10-2001, 09:10 AM
Kimmie!!!!

I was sooo worried about you! Glad you're home but sorry to hear you're not feeling very good yet! I have no words of wisdom but wanted to send some great big

s s s your way!!

Please keep us posted!

You're in my thoughts and prayers kimmie!

Love ya bunch!
Unread 12-10-2001, 09:25 AM
Hey Kimmie!

I think of you a lot! You have made a wonderful friend. It is nice to hear that your doc checks on you at the two week mark. My doc said 6 weeks but due to Christmas I will see him at the 5 week mark. I think everything is doing well except for the bladder repair. Although the bladder is in its rightful place now I fear I will still be wearing diapers for the rest of my life! Aghhhhh! At least, on the bright side - no more periods. Hahaha.

I know that you are suppose to rest alot, lie around a lot but I felt that moving around a lot was the only way to get comfortable, the only way to get rid of the gas. Your body tells you what to do - listen to it!

I'll keep watching for your posts,

Meighen
Unread 12-10-2001, 11:10 AM
I'm hurting...

KIMMIE!!! Thought about you a lot last week - was so glad to get the e-mails from your DH on your progress.

I'm so glad you made it through the surgery ok but sorry to hear about your discomfort. Since I had TAH not LAVH I can't really answer your question re: itching. I'm still having quite a bit of soreness at 12 days post - but so far I've today I've made it only on Aleve - no Vicodin yet (first day for this success!)

But like the other ladies said, you know your body and if you feel as though something doesn't feel right, call your doctor.

Sending some HUGS your way!
Unread 12-10-2001, 11:12 AM
Hi Kimmie

It's weird all the aches and pains I'm feeling too, seems to be different every day. I'm 2 weeks post-op tomorrow and am going for the 2 week check up with my urologist today. I'm not ready to be touched down there, stitches are still raw. It's amazing how they don't get infected with all the bodily functions and wiping after going to the bathroom. Anyway, I had bad stabbing pains on my left side night before last, but they went away and I have itching but I have an episiotomy. I think the organs gets moved around during surgery and have to get re-established in a way. Hopefully yours will go away soon-did you overdo it or pushed yourself? I keep forgetting, lifted up my fat cat today. I cleaned the kitched and did the dishes last night and had to use the heating pad afterward, our body's sure tell us what we can't do! Anyway, hope it's just part of the healing process and gets better soon.Take Care, Ellen
Unread 12-10-2001, 11:22 AM
I'm hurting...

Kim,

I wanted to come see you in the hospital, but didn't get the info needed to find you.

So glad you made it through everything. I have been really praying for you. I had lots of strange pains after surgery, but call the doc back tomorrow and see what he has to say. It may seem like eternity, but 6 weeks really passes quickly. You will be back to normal before you know it. I feel really good at 8 weeks post op, but still tire easily.

Hope we can get together soon. Let me know when and where.
Here is a giant

Shelia
Unread 12-10-2001, 11:32 AM
Hi Kimmie!

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling so well, but i can understand the pain. Although mine is somewhat different. I had TAH/BSO on dec 4th. Today is the first day that i haven't felt just horrible, i actually feel pretty good. It's amazing believe me, i was finally able to take a shower today, for the past few days everytime i stood up for longer than a trip to the loo i felt like i was going to pass out, it was scary, i was weak too. a couple painful bm's later and i'm actually sitting up in bed to write this instead off propped on pillows with the laptop positioned perfectly to apply a little pressure to the massive swelly belly,which btw looks alot better today but is now several shades of purple and green. sorry i've gone on and on! I hope to hear some good news from you soon, things have to get better. Big and rest, rest, rest!
Unread 12-10-2001, 04:28 PM
Aches & Pains?

Hi Kim:

I also had a LAVH. I'm about 8 weeks post op. Still feeling weird aches and pains. I just went to the doc again today due to the pain I've been feeling. I had a bad bladder infection a week ago. My doc is checking on that as well. May I suggest trying Ibuprophen until you can get into to see your doc? I know that some of the pain and itching is caused from inflamation and the Ibuprophen should help take the swelling down some. Good luck. Let us know how you're doing after you see the doc.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register