Two weeks post hysterectomy: Oh the insomnia!!! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Two weeks post hysterectomy: Oh the insomnia!!! Two weeks post hysterectomy: Oh the insomnia!!!

Unread 05-22-2015, 09:39 PM
Two weeks post hysterectomy: Oh the insomnia!!!

Wow! Crazy! Yeah definitely sounds like you made a great decision! I can't even imagine having pain 24/7!!! Thank God for modern medicine (or in our case.....surgery)!!! It will be so wonderful once you recover to live without constant pain!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-22-2015, 09:46 PM

Amen to that ! the recovery I'd definitely much longer and slower than I expected but I trust that once I'm done healing I will be pain free. I can't even imagine what that would be like ! I just noticed that we are only 5 years apart, too! I'm 32. Married, no human kids but I have two fur babies

It's so good to "meet" you and be able to truly understand what you're going through !
Unread 05-22-2015, 09:53 PM

Yeah! It's been great talking to you too!!! 💖 Yeah I'm married. Never able to have kids & we have a little 4 legged baby too, our little Molly girl 💖
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-23-2015, 10:59 AM

Oh, and the Melatonin did it's thing! I finally slept last night!!!!
Unread 05-24-2015, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerriV View Post
I'm 2 weeks post op & the past few nights I just can't sleep! I'm exhausted, but just can't sleep night or day. I know my body needs sleep to heal.....just not sure what to do about this. I know it's normal, but I don't like it!!!
OMG I feel your pain... i m only 2 days post option and I can only sleep for about 2 hrs at a time.., It sucks....
Unread 05-24-2015, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egyptian1 View Post
OMG I feel your pain... i m only 2 days post option and I can only sleep for about 2 hrs at a time.., It sucks....
Oh no! Yeah it stinks cuz it really affects everything! ! Last night was pretty rough for me....hopefully we can both catch a good nap today! How are you feeling other than that?
Unread 05-24-2015, 11:27 AM

Sleep is so important I've learned. There were a few days last week I slept until noon! up and down of course but I'm learning to listen to my body for sure. Melatonin works great to help w sleep .... took 6mg myself last night!
Unread 05-24-2015, 11:44 AM

Yeah sleep (or lack of it) affects everything!!!
Unread 05-28-2015, 05:54 PM
Re: Two weeks post hysterectomy: Oh the insomnia!!!

I still have nights that I can't sleep and it's been 8 weeks. I take melatonin (20mg) as well as magnesium. Early on I found it helped if I made sure I walked as many times as possible throughout the day. Those nights when I couldn't sleep I usually got up and walked some more and then tried again. My best advice... Don't fight it. If your body wants to sleep during the day, do it. It all balances out over the next few weeks. I tried to force things to go my way; don't, you will regret it. Rest, drink tons of water, and walk walk walk..... Don't push to try and do anything before your body is ready. It will set you back and you won't be happy with yourself. Trust your body to tell you what it needs. The hardest part about this process is patience. Sleep will come. You aren't as active as you were prior to surgery so your body isn't as worn out. Give yourself permission to just rest. Chill on the sofa and watch a bunch of movies. Read if you can, sit in the sun, relax as much as possible. Everyday walk a little bit longer and you will start to sleep better. At 2 weeks my doc put me on hydroxyzine pamoate 50 mg 1-2 as needed for sleep. It is non habit forming and works for most women. It didn't work for me so I am trying amitriptyline 10 mg 1-3 at night. This is a very common problem for women after surgery. You aren't alone. Hang in there! It does get better.
Unread 05-29-2015, 08:31 PM
Re: Two weeks post hysterectomy: Oh the insomnia!!!

I am also struggling with insomnia. It started a week ago and it kept getting worse. I am 2 weeks post op- extremely tired but just can't sleep. I called my doctor and I had labs drawn yesterday. I did find relief last night. I used Alteril- an OTC melatonin blend.
I asked my doctor first, and she approved it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register