....but i feel like &*^^%%$#@ | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

....but i feel like &*^^%%$#@ ....but i feel like &*^^%%$#@

Unread 01-07-2006, 10:06 PM
....but i feel like &*^^%%$#@

I don't know if it's post-op or hormone or who i really am because i wasn't all that together before surgery....but i feel like &*^^%%$#@.
I am sick of this whole thing. And my DH included. And i suck as a mom right now too. I have no one to turn too and I am a mess. They all need me and want me to get off the computer. In a few hours I have the wonderful experience of tossing and turning while my skin crawls and I sweat and burn up alone in bed. yay me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-07-2006, 10:20 PM
Hi

Radiance-

I trully feel just like you do! I am sure its more hormonal then anything. I guess it takes alot to get used to this. I also know for me not feeling like my old self is really starting to get me down. Also being trapped in bed is just no fun any longer. So sweety I am right here with you. I understand everything you are going through and I am sure many more women on this site do as well!! Im here if you need to talk!

Melissa
Unread 01-07-2006, 10:25 PM

Sounds like you have had a hard time of it. Im sorry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-07-2006, 10:29 PM

Hi Radiance,

Sounds to me as if you could be having some hormone issues. I notice you've no ovaries and am wondering if you're taking anything as yet. If you aren't perhaps a visit to you doctor either way would be a good idea.

You don't suck as a mum even though you may feel that way. What you need now is a little time out, afterall your body is still recovering from all the trauma it has been through recently. Yes it is only recent even if everyone thinks you should be fully back on deck.

Please ring your doctor and make that appointment soon and work out whether you either need HRT or perhaps it needs some adjusting.

Take care and hang in there ...........Karen
Unread 01-07-2006, 10:40 PM

Karen is right you shouldn't be suffering like that. Because your hormones are off, you can't sleep and when you can't sleep you can't function. If mama aint happy, nobody is happy! I showed my husband the Hyster Sisters check point for my time frame and that seemed to help some with him. I hope you feel better! Call you Dr. and let us know what they say!
Patty
Unread 01-07-2006, 10:47 PM

I hear ya girl....been there too.

But as time goes on, my bad days are less than my good days.....finally.

I'm not saying I feel 100% yet, but I'm a slow healer and get stressed out really easily.

So, it gets better. Tell the others to give you a break.

Hugs,

Nina
Unread 01-08-2006, 03:59 PM

Hi Radiance,
just wanted to add my encouragement to the others. I felt the same way....nobody 'got it'! I am pleased to say I now feel great and it will come soon for you too.
Wish I lived close, we could have tea....or I could just pamper you!
love and hugs,
Barbie
Unread 01-08-2006, 04:05 PM

I'm so sorry this is hard for you. It's not been a cake walk for me either, not that makes you feel any better!....but some just sail right through with no issues.

Sometimes I wonder when will all of this have been worth it?

Maybe once your hormones are better balanced, all of this will be better for you! I pray that's the case
Unread 01-08-2006, 04:07 PM

As for my two cents..... I'm so sorry that you are feeling like this but please don't think that you are alone. We all have days like that when we feel like the biggest ***** in the world and don't even care. It's a slow process but it does get better. You really should talk to the doc about hormones. I still have an ovary but I don't think it's working yet because I feel a lot like you, a lot of the time. Just get as much info from the doc as you can and try to be good to yourself.
Unread 01-08-2006, 04:22 PM

Hi,
Oh, I am sorry you feel like doody. I DEFINITELY did.
Sounds like hormones could be good for you. I have one ovary left, and when it didn't kick in i got a doozy of a migraine and attitude!!! I slapped the patch on my booty and felt great. Hang in there. This is the hard part, relief will come. I am sure you are a wonderful wife and mother...that's why DH and kid(s) can't leave you alone!!!
Take good care and rest!
love winonawasabi

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register