Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 04-Sep 10,2017 - Page 16 | Hysterectomy Recovery Reports | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 04-Sep 10,2017 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 04-Sep 10,2017

Unread 09-18-2017, 12:01 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 04-Sep 10,2017

all,

For those wanting to cook. What I did at about 3 weeks was stand 10-15 min at a time and do a little prep then go rest up. Took a few time to prep them I cooked in increments also. I also picked things that could be didn't take too long to cook and could be cooked just before we ate. I also ate in my recliner. Found that the reclining position was better for my lower ab. Was a little hard on my tail bone until I could get up and walk frequently. But what ever you do don't stand for long periods. That just puts too much pressure on the pelvic area.

The brain fog is real. That's the reason I couldn't read all those books I had lined up. Or for that matter concentrate on a crocheting project. It will pass. Some think it is a left over from anesthesia. I'm not sure, could just be that all your bodies resources are going to heal. Or for that matter the hormonal changes. But many of us experience it even those who are past menopause.

For some of those pains that ice can help, some sisters have soaked one of those no longer needed pads in water and freeze them. The shape is good for pelvic floor pain and for laying across an incision line.

Hugs,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-18-2017, 03:02 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 04-Sep 10,2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by peelerwife View Post
I have found that using a heating pad actually helped me with both the pain and the swelling more than the ice packs. The ice packs did help with the stinging burning sensations along my incision though.
Im surprised so many use ice. I was told on by heat no ice in discharge instructions. Guess the ice suppresses blood flow which is needed for healing.
Unread 09-18-2017, 08:46 PM

mutter,

At this point many use contrasting heat and cold in 10 minute alternating periods. Ending with cold. This can increase circulation. But mostly it is best to do what your specific Dr recommend as they are the ones who know your particular case and needs. I always suggest talking to Dr or nurse in your office before doing anything different.

Healthy healing sleep to all,
Anndy
Unread 09-19-2017, 03:56 AM

Hey ladies. Nice to read all your messages. I did a short drive today and it was ok but I was tired afterwards and had an hour with my feet up. I'm doing some computer based work with my legs up but if I don't have breaks and walk (nap) everything starts to feel sore - so yes in the same boat as you all on that front. But boy is it nice to know I'm completely in the normal range for healing. I did a little walk up to our gate (50 steps) which is uphill but I just took it slow and it was ok. I'm still feeling a bit dozy so I'm not back at work. I've taken six weeks leave thinking that maybe I'd go back during week 5 if I was feeling ok, but I'm not in any hurry. Really hoping someone will do the vacuuming soon but still meditating on the goodness of dust bunnies and how healing is more important that the fluff on the carpet. It'll be back to normal in a few weeks.
Unread 09-19-2017, 05:54 AM

Ladies all,

Good Girl Heather, Keep admiring those dust bunnies. Please just ask someone to vacuum. Vacuuming is one thing that is harder on those abs than we realize. BTW, your having to talk yourself into staying slow here on the thread is such a wonderful thing. 1st it helps you 2nd it works as a reminder to your sisters. I love it.

Kauai, we haven't heard from you in a while are you doing ok with that Cellulitis. I don't really don't know much about it. Hope the antibiotic has helped. We are thinking of you.

Hoping all have another good healing day,
Anndy
Unread 09-19-2017, 08:04 PM

I just have to share my good news!
Had my post surgery appointment today.
The doc said I am healing "beautifully" and, best of all, my path report showed NO CANCER!!!
I am just over the moon!!!
Unread 09-19-2017, 08:38 PM

Nice to read all your posts and have confirmation that I'm about average in terms of recovery. I'm feeling better but just adding in little extra things and still spending lots of time resting. It still feels tender but not so painful. I did a short drive yesterday. It was more physical that I expected so needed to lie down for an hour when I got home. I've done a bit of family business on the computer but find I get uncomfortable even with my legs up. Still early days. I'm glad I took the advice of friends who've had a hysterctomy and opted six weeks leave so I don't need to rush back to work.
Unread 09-19-2017, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellhong View Post
The doc said I am healing "beautifully" and, best of all, my path report showed NO CANCER!!!
Awesome!! Mine is tomorrow. Praying for good news as well. Onward and upward.
Unread 09-19-2017, 08:53 PM

all,

kell, that is great news. Thanks for sharing!

Will be thinking of you tomorrow mutter?

Hugs to all,
Anndy
Unread 09-20-2017, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellhong View Post
Hi honey

Wonderful news and delighted for you and your family. Wishing you a continuous and speedy recovery xxx

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register