New here, post op vision and angst | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New here, post op vision and angst New here, post op vision and angst

Unread 06-01-2013, 03:40 PM
New here, post op vision and angst

Hi. I had a hysterectomy on 5/20. Now, June 1, my vision is blurred and seems to be getting worse. I've read that it's normal to have blurred vision for a few days after the procedure. But I'm concerned because it's just starting to be a problem and I'm seeing double. I see my doc in 2 days and will talk to him about it. Do I have reason for concern?

And I'll take any advice about dealing with the barrage of med bills that I'm just now starting to be slammed with.

Thanks,
Robyn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-01-2013, 03:48 PM
Re: New here, post op vision and angst

The only time I suffered from blurred vision/double-vision it was a reaction to a medication (the anti-nauseau patch). I am not sure what meds you are taking, but you might want to Google side effects and see if any list vision problems. Definitely ask your doc about it. Hope you feel better soon.
Unread 06-01-2013, 04:14 PM

Thanks for responding. I've stopped any new meds and the patch, just as the vision problems started. I'm awaiting a call from my doctor now. It's scary because it's just now starting to be a problem and I have to get back to work and the world pretty soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-01-2013, 04:25 PM

I am making payments on my medical bills. You should be able to do that as well. Generally the hospital is ok with that. Some payment is better than no payment.
Unread 06-01-2013, 04:41 PM

RE: Medical Bills
I don't know what insurance you have but make sure with each bill you get that the insurance has paid their portion first. Then call each provider and make payment arrangements as you can afford and fit in your budget. If you don't have insurance the last sentence still applies, except you can sometimes get a cash discount if you are paying it all by yourself and you can pay it all at once or within a short amount of time.

Also keep track in a folder or on a spread sheet each bill you get, who it was from, what it was for, what the total was, what insurance paid, what you owe, the arrangement you make, and due date. I say this because after another surgery I had I started getting a ton of bills and I actually got a few duplicate bills for the same services from different billing services. If I hadn't been keeping track I would have been double paying some providers.

Good luck. I know all of this is already emotional and dealing with idiots in the billing departments of hospitals and doctor offices doesn't help.
Unread 06-01-2013, 04:43 PM

ccarsten, thank you. Yes, I can make payments. I tend to get anxious about the whole picture, but the only way to manage it all is in small bites. I just got my first bill yesterday, and I've been getting mixed messages as far as what insurance will/won't pay. Regardless, this is going to set me back into a debt I never imagined I'd have. Oh well, I know I'm not alone.

FedUp, thank you again. When I thought about your suggestion again, I Googled a new-ish med I'm on that does potentially cause blurred vision. I think you hit the nail on the head. It helped a lot. My doc thinks that may be the problem too. I really appreciate your input.

Take care, ladies.
Unread 06-01-2013, 04:48 PM

Thanks, Austin.
Yes, your last sentence says it all. I'm just starting to file for disability, Medical/CMSP...Ridiculous part is I have full coverage through <Name of insurance company removed per website TOS. for full-time work in social services with clients who get everything covered. But my deductible is 3500, then there's a 60/40% share of cost, with my max out of pocket at 6500. It's already driving me mad.
Unread 06-01-2013, 06:59 PM

Make sure you ask for an itemized bill and question any charges that don't look right. I had a friend go to the ER and get charged or the most medically complex history and exam when the doc only spent 5 minutes with her. Insurance likes to call that upcoding and fraud but they get away with it because patients don't know or don't feel comfortable making an issue of things.
Unread 06-01-2013, 07:07 PM

Thanks, Gigi. They do what they can to disempower us every step of the way. You're right, most people don't fight them. We're already feeling so defeated.
Unread 06-01-2013, 07:56 PM

I am glad my suggestion helped. I hope the medication is the cause and the vision issues will resolve soon. I recall it took a few days for my vision to return to normal. (Plus I had weird anxiety that was related to the same med.).
Good luck with the bills too, that is an extra stress no one needs while recovering. Best wishes.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register