Back to work...PANTS? - Page 2 | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Back to work...PANTS? Back to work...PANTS?

Unread 03-30-2012, 06:58 PM
Re: Back to work...PANTS?????

Hi everyone! I bought a great pair of stretchy pants without a zipper at Lane Bryant. The waistband stretches, but isn't elastic. I get a lot of compliments every time I wear them, and better yet, they are super comfy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2012, 09:58 PM

Ladies! No matter what size you are, swelly belly is a problem. I wear a size 6 and I can't get into the size 8 pants that I have. I bought a couple of pants with some elastic around the waist and they work great! I start out pretty flat in the morning, but by mid afternoon my belly is huge and I can't wait to get home and get back into my sweatpants. It's really aggravating but it seems to be a problem with most of us. I'm going to look for a pair of jeans but may have to go with maternity. I did buy a belly band on this site and it works pretty well, but then I get hot and take it off. Think I will look into the post maternity undies, that seems like a good idea.

Can't wait to start working out again!
Unread 04-03-2012, 11:12 PM

Thank you ladies for the suggestions! I am at 15 weeks, and the swelly belly is gone, but the pain is not. I can wear my dress pants, but I really miss my jeans. I also can no longer tolerate the lace on my undies since it irritates my scar. Tomorrow I'm heading for the maternity department!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2012, 12:35 AM

I'm not looking forward to going back to work. I have one pair of pants that doesn't hurt to wear. Other pairs of pants that were comfortable before are just too tight around my lower belly, where all the swelling is. Mostly I'm just hanging around the house in my sweats or pj's, but when I do dress up enough to go out of the house, I wear a full blouse to smooth over the protruding profile of my swelly belly, instead of some of my other favorite sweaters.

Getting back to the gym, unfortunately, won't reduce the swelly belly, as that is caused by retention in healing tissues. What I want more than anything else when I return to work is some place I could lie down and get horizontal a couple of times during the day, as that is the best thing I have found to minimize swelling. But we don't have anything like that at work. I'm tempted to spend my lunch breaks laying down in the back seat of my car!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register