TAH Jeans too tight? | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Jeans too tight? Jeans too tight?

Unread 12-09-2012, 10:31 AM
Jeans too tight?

I was 5 weeks post op Friday. Earlier this week I developed some bright red spotting that lasted for a say and a half. Two days of resting and it cleared up. Well....I had no signs of the spotting for a day and a half. This morning it is back. Not quite as much as before but I'm scared it will turn to that. I did walk around a bit yesterday but my concern is that I wore my regular jeans to a church Christmas party last night. Whole nothing hurt as I was wearing the jeans, they obviously were much tighter than the sweat pants and pajamas I have been wearing for 5 weeks. Do you think I mashed something on my insides to cause this or do you think it is coincidence? Really worried and wondering if this has ever happened to any of my sisters??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-09-2012, 02:07 PM
Re: Jeans too tight?

If you are spotting just a bit or it is brown spotting, it probably isn't anything to worry about. The spotting could be old blood or it could be the stitches from your vaginal cuff (if you didn't keep your cervix) dissolving. However, that being said, if you are concerned, please call your doctor. They are there to reassure us and make sure we are okay. Please keep us posted.
Unread 12-09-2012, 06:10 PM
Bleeding dissolving stitches??

Sisters... I'm 5 weeks post op and a few days ago I experienced bright red spotting. It went away for a day and a half and now it is back.. Bright red again. It does not get on a pad so it is not heavy... just bright red. When it happened a few days ago I did notice some stringy bits which could have been stitches. Can dissolving stitches produce bright red spotting?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-09-2012, 06:29 PM

The spotting isn't heavy but it is bright red. My cervix was removed so is this due to stitches dissolving? Would that be bright red?
Unread 12-09-2012, 06:36 PM

It could very well be due to that and yes, it can be bright red. Keep an eye on it, however, if you start filing a pad in one hour, you need to head to the ER. In the meantime, be sure to rest.
Unread 12-09-2012, 06:52 PM

Thank you SO much!! I wasn't sure if it could be bright red because of that. You have eased my mind soooooo much! I will definitely be taking it easy though. My 6am post op is in 3 days..... Wish me luck!!!!
Unread 12-09-2012, 07:02 PM

I absolutely wish you luck! Let us know how your post-op goes.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register