introducing myself | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

introducing myself introducing myself

Unread 05-29-2002, 07:41 PM
introducing myself

Hi
I am brand new...to this forum.
I found you on line looking for help...having hysterectomy ( not even sure of the correct spelling -that is how new the idea is).
I used my husbands e-mail adress to register because I use a hotmail account. that is the only reason I am not displaying my e-mail. I can be reached at suzq26@hotmail.com
I am scared to death about the whole thing. All support is SO SO welcome!!

I am 46, very active & finally got tired of leaking...so I mentioned it to my family Dr. she sent me to uro-gyn he said all the WRONG things (in my opinion) and surgery is set for 7/16. I repeat- I am scared & uneducated about the whole process.
Thank you,
Suzq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-29-2002, 09:08 PM
introducing myself

Hi There!

Welcome to Hystersisters!

We're glad you're here!

I emailed you to welcome you, too, as your post was originally in the Stories forum, but I wanted to welcome you here on the message board, too!

Stick around; there is so much to learn about each others' experiences here, and so many wonderful HUGS given out unconditionally.

s,
Unread 05-29-2002, 09:14 PM
introducing myself

Suzq, Welcome to Hystersisters! So glad you found this site. It is a wealth of information and a life saver for all of us. Please feel free to read, post and come visit us in chat. Gather as much info as you can prior to your surgery and ask questions to relieve your mind. Being scared is normal but we are here for you. Don't be afraid to ask your doctor questions also. That is what he is getting paid for. Just remember we all were where you are and we did fine and so will you. Take care hun and good luck with your surgery. We are here for support and cyber s as well...........

Emily
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-30-2002, 04:04 AM
introducing myself

Suz, welcome to Sanity City - that's what I've named this site, 'cos it's saved my sanity!

Hysterectomy is scary, isn't it? The best thing you can do, is arm yourself with tons and tons of knowledge. WebMD has a great section on hysterectomy and female complaints, and there are also some wonderful books you could read (I can really recommend the Hyster Sisters' own books - real stories from real women who've gone through this).

Don't be afraid to ask your doctor, ask your surgeon, ask *everyone* to explain what's going to happen. If you don't understand, bug them to explain again, until you're comfortable with what they're telling you. Ask until you're satisifed

And keep smiling - this is a truly amazing support board, and the help is just invaluable! You're not alone - just remember that.

Unread 05-30-2002, 05:47 AM
introducing myself

Welcome, SuzQ!!

My sisters have already said it so well. This is a wonderful place for information and support.

Glad you found us!

Cecee

P.S. I have a hotmail account too, so I had the same problem registering. That's why I've added my personal email address to my signature.
Unread 05-30-2002, 05:55 AM
introducing myself

Welcome to hystersisters Suzq. When I found out I needed hyst. I searched the web frantically looking for info...once I found this site I didn't look any further. This is BEST site...lots of support, encouragement and companioship. We'll be with you every step of the way.

Read the posts...use search engine to find specific info...and ask questions.

Being scared is very normal...and something we all had to work through...you're not alone.
Unread 05-30-2002, 06:28 AM
introducing myself

SuzQ:
You've certainly come to the right place for help. Welcome too the hystersisters and know that US women are all here for one another. I had my hysterectomy 8 mos. ago and I can say that I too was certainly scared & had lots of questions. The sisters here were very helpful and supportive. Just know that you're not alone.
Have A Great-Day!

SweetOceanBlue77@aol.com

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register