5 Days Out & DH Just Asked Me to Watch the Kids!!!!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5 Days Out & DH Just Asked Me to Watch the Kids!!!!!!! 5 Days Out & DH Just Asked Me to Watch the Kids!!!!!!!

Unread 06-24-2009, 05:58 PM
5 Days Out & DH Just Asked Me to Watch the Kids!!!!!!!

OK........I think i am about to explode!! I apologize for the rant and please note that kids will be mentioned.

I am 5 days post-op and my Mom left a few hours ago after being here since we returned from hospital.

DH (the absolute love of my life!! debated on whether to complain to someone about him, but decided you guys would be the best for the subject) just came into the bedroom and 'aksed me' if I could watch the kids while he finishes up a few things outside. He has been outside with the kids and it is getting dark and they are overheated and need a bath/dinner.

My sweeties are 2 and 5 and very very busy. He told me I can call him on my cell or text him if I need him. He will be in the backyard.

Am I overreacting? If I was further into recovery I may not mind so much. But geez........this is the first day that he has had to be alone with them since the surgery.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2009, 06:06 PM
Re: 5 Days Out & DH Just Asked Me to Watch the Kids!!!!!!!

Not an over reaction at all. I would say you need to talk to him and explain how you are feeling. I hope that he would understand that you are just not up to that yet. I am 8 weeks post op, and granted I have had complications, but I still wont watch my kids by myself. I have 4 kiddos, 3 boys, ages 2, 3, and 6, and one girl, age 5. I hope you can work this out.

Unread 06-24-2009, 07:17 PM

men!! go figure!! definately, talk to him and explain that there is no way you can take care of them by yourself. you and your kids are way more important and take priority that whatever he has to do outside. dont take it to heart, men just dont realize how difficult this surgery is...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2009, 08:38 PM

Just read your post. I hope you said no at least regarding the 2 year old. A busy 2 year old boy being watch by a mom that can hardly move, not a good idea. I hope he kept the boys with him while he quickly cleaned up. As the other ladies mentioned, I think you will have to explain to him why you can't watch the boys. He needs to understand it is not a question of whether you want to or not it is just you can't.
Maybe Mister Sisters will be helpful for you to help him understand. You've had work done that I don't even know or understand. Let him know you'll watch the boys when they are sleeping. lol
Hang in there and take good care of yourself.
Unread 06-25-2009, 05:36 AM

A suggestion: When the kids are clean (bathed and in pj's) I would love to have them join me on my bed while a read them a story or two from the books that you and them choose. !

I have a 4 year old and thankfully she was with Nana and Granddad till day 10. I couldn't imagine having her home with me day 5 - mind you Nana talked about bringing her home the day I came home but thankfully changed her mind. Even today, I have her with me everyday and look after her but I only make her light meals and wipe her butt when needed, get her dressed but DO NOT pick her up whatsoever.

All the best and please show your DH the list of do's and don'ts from this site.
Unread 06-25-2009, 06:09 AM

Canuck's idea sounds good. There are things you can do to help, but it's best if you can be lying flat while you do them! ;-)

I made the mistake of getting up to help DH get kids ready for school on day 6 post-op. a) it makes him think I'm all okay now, and b) it was just too much. I don't do that now!

but today, my son (4.5) was a bit under the weather so we've kpt him off school. The au pair is out shopping for ingredients for bday cake (my daughter turns 7 tomorrow) so I'm on my own with him! He's NOT in bed, but at least he's happily playing lego while I lie flat on my back! DH is coming home later to work from home, so that will help.

IT wasn't the relaxing day I'd hoped for though!
xx
cleo
Unread 06-25-2009, 06:17 AM

Hugs for my sister!

Cyberwhacks are easier to use and can't be traced back to you!

:hugs5:

Don't need to add anymore, the ladies have said it all!
Unread 06-25-2009, 07:11 AM

You have got to be kidding me?????????? How insensitive can he be? I know you love him and he's your man and all but he's got to start thinking of you first for a while. There is no way you are ready to take care of kids that small at 5 days post op. I hope you didn't do it?!?!?!?!??!?!??

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register