March 5th is my surgery date | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

March 5th is my surgery date March 5th is my surgery date

Unread 03-02-2002, 01:13 PM
March 5th is my surgery date

Hi, All!
I am new to this board. I am an elementary school teacher who is going to have a hysterectomy on March 5th. I will have my uterus, cervix, and ovaries removed. I have precervical cancer, and I will be 53 years old in April. I am post menopausal, and I have been on hormones for the last three years.
I am a little concerned about being under anaesthetic since I never have had this experience. I had a caesarean section, so the physician is going to use this same scar line for the incision.
Please keep me in your prayers. I will write back on this board when I get home. God Bless You All!

Mary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-02-2002, 01:41 PM
You got it!

My prayers are with you. I am 32 and scheduled for my surgery one day prior to yours. Unfortunately, I am concerned about the anesthesia as well but not because I haven't done it but because I've done it alot and KNOW that I have problems. Hopefully you will be one of the lucky ones who has no problems with it at all! Best of luck and all my prayers to you!
Unread 03-02-2002, 02:48 PM
Hi Ladies

Yeah I hear you I was the same way but I didn't want a epi so I chose the general. Talk to your DR about your fears and/or your antheslogist ( never could spell) and I am an elementary teacher also. I just keep a dictionary handy. Any way talk to the DRs they will know what you need to know. And I bet they will appreciate the questions. When I had mine didn't have any problems, but my gallbladder surgery I woke in really bad pain and I was scared from that surgery about this, but my DR gave me a spinal morphine shot and I didn't have pain for 24 hours. OF course you have to NOT have any senitivities to any morphine meds. God Bless. The wait is the hardest part.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-02-2002, 02:53 PM

I said a prayer for you too. I know that God answers prayers! I wish you all the best too.
Unread 03-02-2002, 04:00 PM

Please be sure to update your profile with your surgery date so your name will be posted for good wishes. We hate to have anyone miss out on the fun.

{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}

kaatie
Unread 03-02-2002, 04:56 PM

Dear Linda,

Good luck to you! We will have to compare notes when our surgeries are completed and we are home.
May God Bless You!!!

Mary
Unread 03-02-2002, 05:03 PM

I agree talk to your dr about all your fears. I have been under three times with no promblems at all it takes awhile for it to get out of your system that was the worse part for me slugish feeling for a while you have my prayer also the Lord will give you perfect peace.............deb
Unread 03-02-2002, 06:39 PM
I'm on for March 5th too.

My Gyn appointment on Monday did not go well. I think that my doctor was preoccupied (and rightly so with the woman who came in great with child and in extreme pain). I felt that I was brushed off. He wanted to put me on BCPs, and then told me that he didn't think they would help. I left angry.

I called back the next day and said that I wanted the pain gone which meant surgery. Telephone tag ensued for the next several days. I visited with my osteopath who agreed that I should get on with my life and have the surgery. He is very willing to work with me. Any thoughts on hormone therapy? I'm 42.

Just before lunch on Saturday, my gynecologist called me and asked how I was doing. The upshot of all this is that he believes that he has a cancellation for Tuesday afternoon and it looks like I am going in. I don't have much time to prepare, but it is OK. One family brought dinner over tonight because I was hurting a lot today. Meals are lined up for at least two weeks with offers of house cleaning and mopping! I do not intend to put myself out trying to put everything together - that will only hurt me.

It looks (feels) like I have Adenomyosis, and it hurts a lot of the time lately. This is all happening so fast but I am looking forward to getting over the pain finally!

Any suggestions? I haven't had tons of time to talk, and was wondering what anybody would like to pass on tip-wise. My procedure will be a laparoscopic surgery with removal of ovaries, uterus, and cervix through the vagina. My maternal grandmother has influenced my decision as her family has a lot of cancer history and she herself died from breast cancer (actually two radical mastectomies, uterine, ovarian, and the stuff spread to her lungs and bones).

Blessings,

Peggy
Unread 03-02-2002, 07:59 PM

Peggy, I haven't been crowned yet & don't have advice, but I wanted to say good luck on Tuesday! At least you don't have to sit through the nerve-wracking wait. I'm so glad you have such good friends to help you with food and cleaning.

I hope it all goes beautifully for you.

Melissa

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register