Hysterectomy due to HPV - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy due to HPV Hysterectomy due to HPV

Unread 01-27-2007, 03:15 PM
Hysterectomy due to HPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxTammy
thanks for all your information. It truly helps. Yes my doctor discussed a full hysterectomy with me before the ***'st called so I was pretty much prepared for it. For so many reasons I am having this done, not just the HPV and displacia. I have had nothing but problems almost all my life and I am ready to be normal. Thanks for all your concerns and thoughts and prayers.

Oh and my daughter is 16 will be 17 in April and I will discuss with my doc about when he thinks she should come in for her first visit. she has never had sex and is saving herself but she still needs to be checked. Her friend got the vaccine for it so I think it's a good thing to at least have her looked at I am just concerned about what age.
Ideally the vaccine (called Gardasil) should be given before a young woman ever becomes sexually active - certainly your daughter is not too young to begin getting them now and an examination by the gynecologist would not even be necessary to receive them. You could take her to a regular doctor for them - they are a series of several vaccines given over a period of time. Believe me, if I had a daughter she would most definitely be getting them!! They can't help what we are going through now but maybe it will prevent younger women from having to deal with this in their future. You can read more about the vaccines at www.gardasil.com...the recommended age range for the vaccine is 9-26 years old. Good luck to you and remember we are all here for support, a shoulder to cry on or just to vent!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-27-2007, 03:28 PM
Hysterectomy due to HPV

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitneyB
I too was diagnosed with squamous cell dysplasia and HPV and I am in stage 1...However I have had soooo many problems with endometriosis, lost 1 ovary several years ago, had my tubes tied and also endometrial ablation. My LAVH is also February 19th. I have driven myself nuts about who I might have gotten this HPV from. I am not married but certainly have not had many parnters whatsoever. I think the waiting for the surgery is the worst thing!!!
Glad to meet someone else who is facing surgery on 2/19 - you will be in my thoughts and prayers!! Like you, there was not exactly a constant string of men in my life but it only takes one who is infected, I suppose, to keep the virus spreading. Believe me, I have been regretting every relationship I ever had since all these problems have developed!! The only positive that came from one relationship is my two sons - as for the rest of it....a total waste of time and emotions and now my health....never again!! Good luck to you on 2/19 and please let me know how you do with recovery!! While this site has been a wonderful support, some of the postings have scared the "bejeebers" out of me....so I am limiting the time I spend here before the surgery so I don't "chicken out" and cancel.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register