Scheduled dVH/RALH Lizzie t (Bladder Issues) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Lizzie t (Bladder Issues) Lizzie t (Bladder Issues)

Unread 10-25-2013, 02:46 PM
Lizzie t (Bladder Issues)

Hi there is anyone else having problems with their bladder, I'm constantly needing to pee, 6 times last night and it feels like I can't empty fully, I go back half hour later and pee again, I'm having a full hysterectomy with ovaries removed too and was wondering if I should ask for a bladder sling or something to help? Any one else having similar problems? Other painful symptoms are chronic back pain, constant.... Pelvic pain during and after sex and bleeding after dex and heavy abnormal periods, thanks for reading, and advice or help will be really appreciated, I'm having surgery 15th Nov xxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-25-2013, 04:19 PM
Re: Lizzie t

Lizzie..I would sure call your doc....you may have a bladder infection!! If not, it sounds like a urodynamic study would be in order to find if you need the bladder sling. My Dr. did several voiding studies to make sure I was a candidate for the sling (I was). Please call the office and voice your concerns. Best of luck to you!
Unread 10-25-2013, 08:05 PM
Re: Lizzie t

Lizzie -

I would call your doctor and tell him or her about your symptoms. I agree that it sounds as if you have a bladder infection. If so, this has to be addressed ASAP.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2013, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olddoll View Post
Lizzie..I would sure call your doc....you may have a bladder infection!! If not, it sounds like a urodynamic study would be in order to find if you need the bladder sling. My Dr. did several voiding studies to make sure I was a candidate for the sling (I was). Please call the office and voice your concerns. Best of luck to you!
Hi thanks for reply, my Dr knows I have to get up thro the night 6/8 times but never said anything when we discussed my hysterectomy, I only started researching once my gyno told me I needed a hysterectomy, I've been suffering for 7 months with bladder but I feel it's getting worse, I'll ring my gyno on Monday, thanks again Xxxx
Unread 10-26-2013, 01:09 PM
Re: Lizzie t (Bladder Issues)

You may want to ask your dr about interstitial cystitis, I was just recently diagnosed 3 months after my hysterectomy by my dr. He luckily specializes in it so I didn't have to see another dr. The disease is misunderstood & it often takes people awhile to get correct diagnosis.
Unread 11-07-2013, 11:32 PM

I've got my surgery in a week, I was also told yesterday after a blood test that my prolactin has risen to 2489, it's doubled in 8 weeks, does anyone else suffer with microprolactinoma , I've had my tumor for 11 years and been monitored thro this time, it effects my sight and gives me migraines to as it's situated in the pituitary gland in the center of the brain, I'm concerned that the imbalance will really effect how well or unwell I will feel after surgery, my Dr told me I need to start taking my pills urgently to try and get it stable before surgery, if anyone has a microprolactinoma and has or is having a full hysterectomy with removal of ovaries too, then please contact me, I was naturally anxious before yesterday and now I'm terrified, help me of you can xxxx thankyou xxx and good luck to all the ladies who are having surgery soon xxxx
Unread 11-08-2013, 05:19 AM

Hi
I'm in the same boat, but probably due to the massive fibroid that is pressing on my bladder. I also have horrible back ache, etc. I had a sling years ago before they found the fibroid and frankly it didn't do a thing. Talk to your doctor about it--mine said it would be better to wait and see if removing the fibroid improved things. Good luck!!
Unread 11-08-2013, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenC View Post
Hi
I'm in the same boat, but probably due to the massive fibroid that is pressing on my bladder. I also have horrible back ache, etc. I had a sling years ago before they found the fibroid and frankly it didn't do a thing. Talk to your doctor about it--mine said it would be better to wait and see if removing the fibroid improved things. Good luck!!
Thanks for the reply, I've had cat scans vaginal scans and womb biopsy and no growths were found, been diagnosed with Endemetriosis , I'm having a full hysterectomy with removal of ovaries as gynocologyst want to get everything is checked for cancer, I'm really worried but thankyou you've eased my anxiety about my back pain ect too, good luck Queen C to you too, take care and here's to a healthy and Happy 2014xxxx

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register