super cervical hysterectomy? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

super cervical hysterectomy? super cervical hysterectomy?

Unread 05-05-2002, 04:52 PM
super cervical hysterectomy?

Hi,
I'm scheduled for a super cervical at the end of this month I am told this is a fairly new procedure and the graphic details have left me feeling a little ill. This a laporoscopic procedure 3 incisions
and everythings then cut up in small pieces to be removed thru the small incision.? Sounds horriffic.
Anybody out there had this done? I've got what appears to be a large fibroid tumer the uterus is at the 4month pregnancy stage.
I understand the recovery is quicker than the abdominal hysterectomy I am not a candidate for the vaginal procedure due to the location of the fibroid.
I admit I'm scared. No guarantee they won't take everything.
They want to decide after having a look. I'm sure this is the usual talk all women are given but I'm not comfortable with the idea.I would also not like the idea of them not taking everything if it did not look good either. It's just the loss of control I guess.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Kay2day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2002, 05:55 PM

Hi, here's the link to the story of Dixie Tracy, a former hostess, who had a supracervical hyst. There have been others, but I can't remember who they were.

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...&threadid=8492

Click search near the top of this page and type the word supracervical where it says: keyword
I just did that, and more threads came up. You'll see the word supracervical in red in the posts that contain that word.

Best wishes,
Unread 05-05-2002, 06:08 PM

Kay2day,

Hiya!

I am scheduled for a supra cervical (abdominal in my case) on 5/13. I had some of the same fears.

I posted a week or so ago some of the same concerns. The ladies gave me some great info and feedback. It might be worth a quick poke through the older postings to read those responses.

Hope this helps

Shielah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2002, 09:58 PM

Kay2day.
I am 6 days post op from this very surgery.
I did tons of research and decided it was the only one I wanted.

I had to TOTALLY not allow my mind to "go there" about how it was done. Lets face it, with any of the choices I would have found something to get all grossed out about.

Do a search for a post "I did it"........ its the honest truth about how not horrible it was.

If you have any other questions, just click the "email" button at the bottom of this message and ask away........... I'm recovering....... not doing much besides being on line...

I swear to you......... it is a great choice.

xo DonnaFay
Unread 05-06-2002, 11:27 AM
supra cervical hyster

I'm one of the lucky ones that has had this procedure. It was a quick "in and out" of the hospital. I was driving in 5 days...to take my dd to school....and doing some light shopping within a week. I was returned to ALL activities in 3 weeks. I cannot tell you how happy I am that this surgery was available to me. I have had an uneventful recovery and feeling terrific. Good luck to you with your surgery.

Blondi45
Unread 05-06-2002, 01:17 PM

Wow Blondi,
I cant drive for two weeks.
I do agree with you........ we are very lucky to be able to have this surgery. I had a heck of a time finding a doctor (who my insurance would cover) who was well skilled with this proceedure.
Meaning did them all the time, instead of one or twice a year.

I say, if a person is a canidate for it........ go for it!

take care
DonnaFay

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register