Tomorrow is the day! So anxious. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tomorrow is the day! So anxious. Tomorrow is the day! So anxious.

Unread 10-02-2002, 02:14 AM
Tomorrow is the day! So anxious.

Hey everyone. Thanks for all the support. Tomorrow I get my TAH&BSO. I cant sleep eat or concentrate. Im so scare of what will happen. I have to wait all day to find out the exact time. I just wish it was a week from now so I would be over the hard part. This wait is driving me completely nuts! I am truely thankful for all the replys. I would have been in the dark. I am somewhat prepared and know what to expect. Have a great day everyone....I just had to vent.

Stacy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-02-2002, 04:01 AM

Hi Stacy,

I just wanted to send you a couple of 's and tell you that you'll be in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow, no matter what time it is .

It's too bad that they haven't told you your exact time yet - wonder why? It's hard enough, the day before, without not knowing if it'll be morning or afternoon.

You've got my best wishes for a successful surgery and an uneventful recovery.

's

Karen
Unread 10-02-2002, 05:06 AM
Stacy

ALL THE BEST HUN!! You are going to be just fine, know that you are doing the right thing and that providing you are a good princess and do NOT do anything you are not supped to during recovery, then things will go real well. I know the nerves you are feeling, I have been where you are right now. Just think another day and it will all be over and behind you. Mate you go girl, all the best for a smooth and uneventful surgery. Let us know how it goes when you are ready. We are with you in spirit. Hugs Vicki
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-02-2002, 06:53 AM

i'm less than 2 weeks away and i feel your aprehension. My pre-op is tues and i hope i'll find out time then. I met another hystersister here that's the same day, same place, same DR office as me! We actually got to meet last Fri. We're hoping to be roommates.
You're in my prayers!
Trudy
Unread 10-02-2002, 10:19 AM

HI Stacy, :bounce"

Just wanted you to know I was in your shoes 6 wks ago. The hospital said they would call me between 5-7pm to let me know what time I would need to go in. They called right at 5pm..then a few minutes later my anesthesiologist called to ask me questions. I tried to keep very busy that day. I left a few things go so that I would not be thinking about it every minute. I also went out to lunch with a friend of mine since I couldnt eat after 3pm. So I ate a BIG lunch.

Anyway, just wanted you to know that you are not the only one that did not know the time until the day before. The way my doc explained it to me was because gyn did not have surgery priority that day so they had to wait and see what else was scheduled.

Best to you...keep yourself busy today!
CoryAnn
Unread 10-02-2002, 11:03 AM
Re: Tomorrow is the day! So anxious.

Quote:
Originally posted by StacyJ31
Hey everyone. Thanks for all the support. Tomorrow I get my TAH&BSO. I cant sleep eat or concentrate. Im so scare of what will happen. I have to wait all day to find out the exact time. I just wish it was a week from now so I would be over the hard part. This wait is driving me completely nuts! I am truely thankful for all the replys. I would have been in the dark. I am somewhat prepared and know what to expect. Have a great day everyone....I just had to vent.

Stacy
My heart goes out to you. I have 5 days to go and I am already nervous. We will both be fine! I am also having trouble sleeping, eating and concentrating. I hope you have a great day too! Venting is good for the mental health!
Unread 10-02-2002, 11:48 AM

stacy,

we will be thinking about you tomorrow. I am 10 days post-op and allthough the first week is not a picnic i can truly day the waiting is the worst part. Meds keep you comfortable and you just have to remember to take it easy.

Good luck it will be over before you know it.

AFR
9-23-02
TAH/Left Tube
Unread 10-02-2002, 12:13 PM

Just a note to tell you that the worst part is the waiting. I had my surgery on 9-13-02 and the one bit of advice I took seriously from the others was to walk, walk, and walk. It helps so much with the gas after surgery and I think it makes recovery easier. I had the nurses wake me in the middle of the night each night to walk and than I made sure I walked every couple of hours starting the morning after my surgery. I also drank tons of water and juice. I didn't like the water at our hospital (yucky tap water) so I bought a case of Dansani water a few days before chilled them and everytime my dh came to see me he would bring some. It also helps when your lying in bed to drink with a sports sippy top and not worry about spilling with a cup and straw. I took the juice the hospital gave and poured it into one. The nurses couldn't believe how much I drank. Good luck and just think of how awesome you'll feel in a few weeks.
Unread 10-02-2002, 12:28 PM
I TOTALLY Understand!

I Totally Understand what you are feeling! I have my TAH/BSO in two days on Friday! I am not going to get my surgery time until sometime tomorrow. I will be right where you are tomorrow! The waiting is driving me crazy also! I am just trying to figure out things to do to help pass the time. I am jealous though that you will be one step closer tomorrow!!

Best wishes and let us know how it went!!
Unread 10-02-2002, 02:41 PM
Nice to see you dear

good luck and Welcome to being a princess tomorrow. You will do fine. It's just the jitters of not knowing. I was the same way. I laugh when I get nervous so I made every little thing in to a joke. At least the nurses thought I was Jolly. We did have a good time talking and laughing.

see you in Post op I bet you will look great in that crown.

Betsy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register