Cancel My Crown!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Cancel My Crown!! Cancel My Crown!!

Unread 06-18-2001, 07:50 AM
Cancel My Crown!!

You won't believe this!! The hospital called this morning, 30 minutes before I was ready to walk out the door on my way to become a Princess, and they told me my surgery has been cancelled today!!! Here I've gone through all the emotional stuff to get ready and was finally at peace and really ready for this. Then they called and said they had a "staffing emergency" and were only doing one open heart surgery today and cancelling all the others! I'm so upset right now. They couldn't even tell me when it would be rescheduled to. I have to wait until the Dr.'s office opens and call them. Then I also have to worry about my disability status, time off work, etc. etc, etc. I had my good cry (guess all the emotions coming out) and now I'm MAD!!! This was the first place I thought of to run to and vent. Thanks for listening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-18-2001, 07:54 AM
Cancel My Crown!!

I'm so sorry Kat! Postponement is the one thing we just don't worry about, and you must be devastated. I know it's cliché, but I would just keep thinking that it happened for a reason...maybe something wouldn't have gone right today. It must be meant to be on a better day at a better time.

Karey
Unread 06-18-2001, 08:08 AM
Cancel My Crown!!

Kat I am so sorry.

That must have been such a shock for you. I can only imagine how you felt. I to would be so upset, I mean emotionally you have prepared yourself for the surgery. But you are also a little more fragile before you have the surgery.

Take care. I hope that you have a lot of emotional support to help you during this trying time.

Cath
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-18-2001, 08:40 AM
Cancel My Crown!!

OH NO! I can't imagine. I feel like crying for you. Hang in there. I always say everything happens for a reason, sometimes it takes a while to figure out, and sometimes I don't think we ever really know. Hope you get word from your dr. soon. I think you came to the right place to let out your emotions. The ladies here are so great. Let us know when the new date is, hopefully real soon!
Unread 06-18-2001, 10:46 AM
Cancel My Crown!!

Don't blame you for being mad...good heavens..that's horrible. There have been others that have had their surgeries cancelled but don't think it was 30 minutes before they were to leave for the hospital. UGH!!!!!

Sure hope you can get it re-scheduled soon. Keep us posted.
Unread 06-18-2001, 10:58 AM
Cancel My Crown!!

You hang in there and try to stay focused. I don't think the workerbees in the castle always remember the mental anguish LIW's go through to prepare themselves to be princesses! I'm so sorry

Let us know how soon they are able to reschedule you.
Unread 06-18-2001, 11:09 AM
Cancel My Crown!!

Just got through talking to the Dr.'s case manager. She is so nice! She has rescheduled the surgery to Tues., June 26, at 2:00 p.m. The staffing emergency at the hospital was because 18 OR nurses called in sick.....................some sort of strike. Nice and caring, huh!? Anyway, my Dr. is Chief of Staff at the hospital and he had to reschedule 3 surgeries today and try to get the next earliest avaiability at the hospital. He's rather upset by the whole thing too. This has impacted my work schedule and all the support people I had lined up to help me at home. My DD will be in school and won't be able to help much, my DS will be in and out and my SO must be out of town (already rescheduled once to work around my surgery). At least my mom will be here full time to take me to the hospital and stay with me for a week. I'm trying to look on this as you all have said,................for some reason this was meant to be and all things happen for a reason. Maybe the surgeon's hands wouldn't have been as steady as they'll be next Tuesday! Oh well. Now all I have to do is sit back and be ready to get back on that emotional roller coaster again for another week. I'm not going in to work today. Can't deal with that. I'll go tomorrow. Thanks to all my friends here. I love each of you. Guess I'll be joining a new bunch of Punctured Princesses next week. I'll put my name on the calendar again, if that's OK?
Unread 06-18-2001, 11:17 AM
Cancel My Crown!!

I wonder if it might actually have been that we're expecting rolling blackouts here? This is the first day they are providing advance notice that blackouts are expected, and I'd think non-emergency surgeries might be postponed in that case. Still you'd think they would have said that...

Edit - oops. Nevermind... just read about the 18 "sick" nurses...

(By the way, lest I give LIWs another thing to worry about, hospitals do have emergency generator, to keep important stuff running if the power goes out.)

Whatever the reason, I'm sorry your surgery got postponed. I totally understand what a huge pain in the neck that could be.
Unread 06-18-2001, 11:22 AM
Cancel My Crown!!

Kat,
I am so glad that you don't have to wait tooo long. I know a week seems like forever, but you will make it. I had to wait a week to schedule my hyst because of a nurses strike. Luckily my hosp. didn't strike. Some others are still on strike. Take a break for yourself today and hope the week goes quickly.
Unread 06-18-2001, 03:39 PM
Cancel My Crown!!

Oh Kassy. That is terrible! (((((Kassy)))))
How can they just do that? They should of at least offered to have the surgery the following day! Don't these folks realize we have to get time off from work and endless paperwork to be filled out?

I feel horrible for you and hope this all works out.

Hugs,

Michelle

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register