pre hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

pre hysterectomy pre hysterectomy

Unread 04-05-2005, 10:19 AM
pre hysterectomy

hi

i am having my hysterectomy on the 23rd May and i am very nervous not just from the operation but here in the UK our hospitals are undrgoing a crisis called MRSA (a flesh eating bug) due to hospitals not being very clean, anyway i am having a hysterectomy as i have sufferd from endometriosis for many years, altough i have many fears i also look forward to feeling human again, if anyone has any ideas how i can get through the next 6 weeks til the op without becoming a nervous wreck i would be very grateful
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2005, 10:54 AM
pre hysterectomy

It's tough I know. I've got 2 weeks and 2 days to go before my TAH/BSO and I'm nervous too; I think that it's normal. I think we all go through different phases in the nervousness - from manic to anxious to ready to scared and back to anxious - I hope that it's normal. Time seems to be passing fairly well!
I've been trying to stay busy and I'm trying to start drinking more water now so I will be more used to it. I have been checking out alot of the post op articles so I'll have a better understanding.
I've noticed the last few days since I got my date I'm nesting and getting things ready to go to the castle and for recovery - at least as much as I am able, most of the time I'm couch bound so I can't do much. I've got my DBF moving chairs and end tables around trying to make it easier for me later!
I've picked up my crochet again; right now I'm working on granny squares trying to get a throw done. It's taking me forever to get into the groove again.
I've been trying to think of stuff that I can fix and freeze for post op so it will be easier later. Also I've been working on a list of questions for my Dr at my pre op appt. I've also been getting another list of things that I need for things like gas, constipation, fruit juice. I've got lists everywhere!!!
And I check into this site often for support, advice or a laugh or two!
I'm looking so forward to the surgery and getting better. I've been off work since December because of this - I've had endo and complications with it for 12 or 13 years! and now it's time for me to get my life back.
I'm sure that many of the sisters here will have some great ideas to help you pass the time.
Hope everything goes well.
Best wishes,
Tammy
Unread 04-05-2005, 11:34 AM
pre hysterectomy

I had my surgery almost 3 weeks ago and after all of the worrying and sleepless nights I am happy to report I'm O.K.
You get through the surgery and then your on the road to
recovery. Every day is better than the last and you get alittle
stronger and you can do alittle more each day. Granted it is not
an over night recovery and it does hurt but give yourself time
and some tlc and it won't be so bad. I just keep telling myself
one day soon I will be 100% again ...without the surgery there
is no light at the end of the tunnel. Good luck and best wishes!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2005, 11:48 AM
pre hysterectomy

Hey Scaredeycat:

That MRSA isn't confined to the UK. The hospital I'm going into for surgery (in Canada) had an outbreak a couple of weeks ago, in fact it was in the news the day I got my surgery date. Two people who were in for surgery got flesh eating disease. So far I haven't heard of any more, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'm trying to tell myself that after the outbreak they'll do an extra special job of cleaning the operating rooms, at least for a while!

As if there isn't enough to worry about!

HollyK

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register