Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Aug 14, 2016 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Aug 14, 2016 Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Aug 14, 2016

Unread 08-14-2016, 01:01 AM
Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Aug 14, 2016

Welcome!

This special Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread is for YOU if you are having surgery this week. This thread chat will help you meet others who are having surgery the same week as you, calm your anxiousness, and help answer your last minute questions.

To get started, please introduce yourself, sharing a few things about yourself and your upcoming hysterectomy. Tell us what concerns you have as you prepare for your surgery.

Have patience! Because this is a "COME AND GO" event, check back here during the day for replies with answers, support and hugs from new friends. Our post-op members will be stopping by, too!

As you get to know the other members having surgery this week - you will be meeting up again, after your hysterectomy, in a special thread created just for this week's surgeries in the Post Op Hysterectomy forum.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-14-2016, 01:44 AM
Re: Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Aug 14, 2016

Hi, I'm Helle.
I'm 35, I have 15 yo and 7 yo sons. I also have stage 4 endometriosis and pcos.
After 25 years of pain, 5 miscarriages and all manner of pleading with doctors, tomorrow I am booked in for a TAH and BSO.
I'm nervous, more for the boys and husband than for myself. At least that's what I'm telling myself
Unread 08-14-2016, 02:59 AM

Hi I'm 35yrs old, married, I have 2 boys 12yrs and 8yrs. On Tuesday 16th having surgery for prolapse bladder, uterus and rectocele, bladder TVT sling, vaginal vault repair and hysterectomy I am very nervous but really do need the surgery...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-14-2016, 03:32 AM

Hi Everyone, my name is Becky. I am 43 years old and I'm scheduled for a robotic hysterectomy 8/18 due to a 7cm mass on my left ovary. I am a single mom to an awesome 19 yo boy. I am most nervous about having to be out of work for 6 weeks and what I'll be like physically post op!
Unread 08-14-2016, 04:38 AM

Hello All! I am age 47 scheduled for an abdominal hysterectomy on 8/16 due to prolapse, right ovary cyst, thickened uterine wall and fibroids. Hope my left ovary is healthy as I want to keep her. My husband and I have four adult children and a precious granddaughter. I have been keeping busy with family activities and my tears have started as I am a cryer. I am ready to be rid of the pressure and discomfort. Anesthesia is my biggest fear. And my anxiousness is over the top!!
Unread 08-14-2016, 05:36 AM

Well, one can't be a lurker forever so... after several weeks of reading a LOT of dialogue perhaps I should join in and say that I appear to be the only person who IS NOT anxious. I have enormous confidence in my doctors - both the gyn surgeons who are doing the op, and the gyn oncologist who will be consulting. My diagnosis was complex hyperplasia with atypia, but after two uterine biopsies that came back "inconclusive but with suspicious cells", everyone - including me - agreed a hysterectomy was necessary. The doctors said to think of this diagnosis as having Stage 0 to Stage 1 cancer, and by going in to remove the organ with the cancer, I won't have cancer any more nor will I require radiation or chemo.

Now this assumes that the cancer, such as it may be, is contained, but we are all assuming that as there is no reason, no suggestion, no symptoms to think otherwise.

I'll be having a total abdominal hysterectomy - uterus, cervix, fallopian tubes, ovaries - necessitated mostly by my weight but also by an abundance of caution on the part of the surgeons. (And did I say both of them are women? I think that's cool... )

As at ease as I am about the operation itself, I cannot say I'm looking forward to the following weeks getting through the toughest part of recovery. I am a dreadful patient when actually sick but my husband is a great nurse, and will be taking lessons this week on both how to operate my i-phone (for sending out messages on surgery day) and how to make decent scrambled eggs, which is just about the only food I can tolerate when feeling ill.

I haven't read nearly as much on this site about women like me who are over their "best by" dates (meaning after menopause) so perhaps that's why there is so much angst being projected. For me, my uterus is something I can very well live without, and could very well become much sicker, even die, living with. Easy peasy choice.
Unread 08-14-2016, 05:42 AM

Hello Everyone, my name is Kay. I'm scheduled for a myomectomy,, possible hysterectomy on Tuesday 16. I'm 39 with a 9 year old son. I would like to possibly have another child if the myomectomy is successful.. My period started yesterday and of course, its dreadful as always, very heavy!. If my period continues until day of surgery, do you think the doctor will still do the surgery? Its supposed to be an abdominal myomectomy, again possibly hysterectomy depending if they are able to remove the fibroids without too much bleeding. I'm concerned because I don't want to have to reschedule.
Unread 08-14-2016, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dramatic View Post
I haven't read nearly as much on this site about women like me who are over their "best by" dates (meaning after menopause) so perhaps that's why there is so much angst being projected. For me, my uterus is something I can very well live without, and could very well become much sicker, even die, living with. Easy peasy choice.
Hi Dramatic...assuring you there are plenty of Sisters sporting silver ages here. I'm one of them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KsophiarEvans23 View Post
My period started yesterday and of course, its dreadful as always, very heavy!. If my period continues until day of surgery, do you think the doctor will still do the surgery? Its supposed to be an abdominal myomectomy, again possibly hysterectomy depending if they are able to remove the fibroids without too much bleeding. I'm concerned because I don't want to have to reschedule.
Hi Kay... being on your period should not be an issue for surgery. Do let your doctor and staff know - they'll check your iron levels during your pre-op, and if you're bleeding the day of, they'll accommodate you with a pad. (I was bleeding during my pre-op ultrasound and that's what they did.) There are Sisters who've had non-stop bleeding going into surgery, and no doubt it was still happening on their op day.

Best wishes for successful surgeries to everyone, and see you on the other side!
Unread 08-14-2016, 06:18 AM

I am 50 scheduled for a LAVH due to thickened uterine lining. I also will have my period for surgeryas my period lasts between 14-21 days a month. I have been trying to walk daily to ease anxiety and be in good health before surgery. I am looking forward to not having to bleed for most of the month and are hoping that recovery is quick. My main concern is the recovery process.
Unread 08-14-2016, 06:33 AM

Hello! I'm 48 , married and have 2 daughters ages 26 and almost 10. I'll be having an abdominal hysterectomy on the 18th, planning to leave my ovaries. My uterus has been giving me problems for years. Dealt with endometriosis, had an ablation back in 2012 and thought my problems were over with. Noticed my abdomen getting larger and started having pain, turns out I have a large 9.6 cm fibroid, no wonder I was looking pregnant!
I'm mostly nervous about the anesthesia, when I had my ablation I coded on the table for 2 minutes. Never really got an answer as to why, gotta love military doctors! Dreading the long recovery too and having to rely on friends to help get my youngest to and from school Etc. Prayers to everyone else having surgery this week, we can comfort / encourage each other!
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register