what to do | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 02-28-2005, 04:26 PM
what to do

Just wanted to ask if anyone else was or is as confused as I am.
I went to the doctor 6 months ago and was told I had an enlarged uterus. He did an ultrasound and found a polyp on my orvary. I had a D and C that next month. I just had my revist after 6 months. When I went this time the doctor told me my uterus was more enlarged then it was before. I had to have another ultrasound to see if the fibroids have grown into the cavity. When the doctor got done with the ultra sound he told me he found 2 more polyps on my left ovary. He has made the suggestion to do another D and C and remove them and then put me on Birthcontrol for 6 months to see if I stop growing the polyps. Or have a hysterectomy. I don't know what to do. Part of me wants to just get the hysterectomy and be done with it. I spoke with my general practioner and he said that if I had the hysterectomy I should ask to keep my cervex so it would be more pleasureable sex. Any suggestions or ideas would be great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2005, 04:41 PM
what to do

I've never heard of ovarian polyps. Are you sure they weren't ovarian cysts? Or were they uterine polyps?

Recurrent ovarian cysts can be an indicator for Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) which is actually an endocrine disorder where you become insulin resistant. You might want to have your GP or gyno give you a referral to a reproductive endocrinologist - a hysterectomy and oophorectomy does not cure PCOS, it only treats the symptoms.

Uterine polyps are not usually an indication for a hysterectomy, they can be easily removed with a D&C or hysteroscopy. Many women have asymptomatic polyps. In other women they grow to be larger and can cause flooding (bleeding) or spotting between periods.

Are your fibroids giving you any trouble? Increased or prolonged bleeding? Bladder pressure, backaches, bowel disruptions?

I think your doctor is right to go with a more conservative approach with the D&C. A hysterectomy is major surgery and carries risks.

Have a look around on this site and read up on all the different procedures and treatments before you proceed and you might want to consider getting other opinions about your condition, its causes and treatments.

Take care.
Unread 02-28-2005, 05:19 PM
what to do

I am having trouble with the fibroids. I have heavy bleeding during my period spotting for 3 or 4 days before and 3 0r 4 days after. I have constint back pain and constipation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-01-2005, 12:29 PM
what to do

HI pantyhose

I have not had any experience with fibroids but wanted to give you a link to our resource section Fibroids

You may also find additional information at www.thefibroidplace.com

It is always a good idea to get a second to see if there are other options that may help your current condition.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register