Had my pre op today | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Had my pre op today Had my pre op today

Unread 01-11-2006, 11:59 PM
Had my pre op today

Had pre op today I have been very nervous about surgery. My Dr made me feel much better about things. He was very patience and answered my ??? I got off of this site. I will have my labs done in the morning and go in on Jan 16th for tvh. He would like me to stop smoking but I don't know if I can.... I did forget to ask him if I needed pads and GRANNY PANTIES...I am feeling a little calmer now it is the rest of my family stressing out now. My DH is really getting stressed I have never been down and not able to care for my family. I just wish I still had mom to help me she was my best friend. Just want to thank all who have posted and all the good advice. I really enjoy this site.My thoughts and prayers are with everyone for speedy recovers Bless everyone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-12-2006, 12:21 AM
Had my pre op today

It's so great to hear that your pre-op appointment went well! Even though it's very tough to do, I'm sure you can stop smoking, as least long enough to get through your surgery and recovery.

After my TVH, I didn't have a need for granny panties. My usual ones were just fine. Everyone is different though. As for needing pads, I never needed any because I didn't bleed or have any discharge afterwards. Again, that is different for everyone, no matter what type hysterectomy they have.

You are in my prayers for an uneventful surgery and recovery!

s, Deb
Unread 01-12-2006, 02:16 AM
Had my pre op today

I just had my pre-op as well, just remember to relax, it sounds like you are in very good hands. I wish you all the best on the day of your surgery and a smooth recovery. Take care.
Kathy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-12-2006, 06:01 AM
Had my pre op today

good luck for the op, i go in today!

I stopped smoking when all my problems started wiht the bleeding that way the doctors couldn't say "your bleeding heavily because you smoke" and i found it tough buit i did it. And trust me if i can do it then anyone else can because i am the weakest willed person i know.
Unread 01-12-2006, 06:50 AM
Had my pre op today

Good luck lady, You can do it. I like you had my pre-op yesterday and was told to bring my own pads and underpants. They told me I would prefer mine to there's. So bring them just in case. No biggie if you dont use them. I have quite smoking more times then I care to admit. But once you are in the hospital, you most likely wont be able to have one, so it will get eaiser. Chin up, deep breaths, and big hugs! We are all here for your support and ours. If you need to chat, just write. Someone will always respond. You are not alone. Jilly
Unread 01-12-2006, 06:53 AM
Had my pre op today

I once had a DR tell me my "female problems" were due to my smoking... only thing was, I didn't smoke and never really have!! (Took up smoking in HS, but it never became a habit and stopped very shortly after I started....) I even told him that more than once to no avail. Obviously this guy couldn't take the time to get to know me or my personal issues and was dumped relatively quickly. Found a fantastic DR after that tho'....

Good luck to each and every one of you who've been told to kick the habit! I know it can be tough when you're under so much stress as it is, but try to focus on the positive and maybe that'll help ease the transition.

Oh, and as for the pads & underpants - I didn't take my own pads (hospital provided those), but I did take my own granny panties and some comfy pjs with me....
Unread 01-12-2006, 07:47 AM
Had my pre op today

I had my pre-op yesterday (Wed) for my Friday surgery. Much to my horror, they had the wrong operation listed for me! They got the TAH part right, but they had the medical term down for the tubes & ovaries removal as well, and those aren't supposed to go unless he gets in there and feels the need.
Anyway, that should be corrected by now. They've already slapped a bracelet on me. Did you get that already too?
Unread 01-12-2006, 11:20 AM
Had my pre op today

Dear Kake, I am so glad to hear that your Dr. eased your mind a little. I am scheduled to have a LAVH due to adeno on Feb. 2nd and I hope my Dr. will help to ease my mind. Maybe your husband is stressed because he wants to take really good care of you like you take care of him. They just aren't used to doing it. I am thinking about you and you'll be in my prayers. Take care of yourself, and let others take care of you too.
Lynn
Unread 01-12-2006, 12:29 PM
Had my pre op today

trentslori,

I had my pre-op tests yesterday too (tvh). Yes, I had to go to work today with my bracelets on! LOL Now all my students know something's up! I am feeling okay today, just a little stressed. After school, I will do a final clean of the house, go for a run, and my girlfriends are taking me to a movie tonight to keep me busy (they say!). I have no bowel prep etc. so that won't be a problem. Nothing to eat after midnight and nothing to drink after 4 am. Go to the hospital for 6:30, surgery at 8 and will be in my room by Noon. I hope everything goes smoothly for you as well. I will be home from hospital on Monday somtime and will post then. Take care and good luck!

Mar

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register