really need help, please read? =( - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

really need help, please read? =( really need help, please read? =(

Unread 06-22-2007, 02:19 PM
really need help, please read? =(

Tillz,

I have two children close to your age, and I feel bad that you do not have an adult to help guide you through this process. That said, I am not a big fan of Planned Parenthood because of some of their beliefs and practices, but I can tell you that you can go there and get on birth control pills without your gandmother's knoweledge. You can get the pills there free or at a reduced cost. You should not even consider a hysterectomy until you have explored other options, and sweetie you are not there yet! I teach young girls your age, and I often have students come to me about advice on issues such as this. You need to be tough and get the courage to demand the care you need. If your gandmother won't help you and your mother can't, call Planned Parenthood yourself or find a school counselor or trusted teacher. There are people who can help you.

Dee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-22-2007, 02:35 PM

I can sympathize with your pain, but don't rush into this decision. You need to talk with a doctor or 2 or 3 or 4!!! There are so many other options out there. It may be hard to hear that you need to wait until you are 18, but it would be worth it in the end to not make a decision, a costly one mind you, that will so severely affect you life. I agree with Nipper12, go to planned parenting. I went on BC when I was 17 to control my severe pain and bleeding issues. I too missed a lot of school and lived on pain killers...still do sometimes. Try every option you can. A Hyst is a last option for me. It kills me knowing that I probably won't have my own children, but I'm trying everything that I can before I make that final decision, that's why I'm here for advice. You are SO young. Please explore all of your options. there are MANY out there. I wish you all the best!
Unread 07-04-2007, 06:17 PM

**WARNING, PREGNANCY MENTIONED***

I feel your pain! But don't give up ... you never know what can happen in the future. Birth control pills worked wonders for me when I finally was able to go on them at about 16 years of age. i was one that "waited" until marraige, so it felt a little odd to be on birth control pills from the emotional aspect ... but it sure helped the pain I was in!!

My doctors told me at 17 years old that I would never have children due to all of my conditions. That was something I shrugged off, as I wanted to adopt anyway :-) After enjoying many years of birth control free living (LOL!) we adopted our daughter from Vietnam. Then, somehow (well, we all know HOW), FOR SOME REASON, I was pregnant. My doctor pretty much called it a medical miracle that somehow a little life thrived throughout all of these crazy reproductive problems. And a medical miracle that he lived after needing to be revived at birth. I feel very blessed to have two special children, one tummy baked and one that grew in my heart! Especially after never imagining myself pregnant, or WANTING to be pregnant, having given up on the idea at 17.

DON'T GIVE UP! My humble and honest advice is to get yourself to a Planned Parenthood or other type of women's clinic that can provide you with birth control pills and/or some kind of diagnosis. What you feel at 17 may change in 5 to 10 years (or not!). My heart goes out to you, and I hope you find an end to your pain - or a decision that makes you happy many years from now. Hugs,

Jen

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register