I hate my insurance :o( | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I hate my insurance :o( I hate my insurance :o(

Unread 10-13-2005, 09:34 PM
I hate my insurance :o(

It's a long drawn out story....but needless to say...I did not have my hysterectomy yesterday. I had to have a laperoscopy to proove what we already knew I had so I could have the hysterectomy. I have <Oops! Please don't mention insurance company names in posts.> insurance....military insurance. They said they didn't have enough documentation because the military lost my records when we transfered from one duty station to another.

So...during the laperoscopy...the Dr. removed my left ovary & tube from my abdomin wall as it was attached by endometriosis...but took pictures first...and then took pictures of all the endometriosis as well as the cycts on my ovarties. He said that even if the military does not find my missing records...they have enough documentation now so that I can have the hysterectomy done...it's just a matter of when they will allow me to have it done. Could be 6 weeks...could be 3 months. So I shall see. I am not scheduled to see the Dr. till November 22nd...but I am going to call next week.

Thank you for the lovely card. It ment a lot to me! I just hope to get this done and over with soon so I don't have to live with the pain anymore!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-13-2005, 09:48 PM

I am so sorry...seems to me if he went in and found what he thought he would find through laproscopy, they would want to have him go ahead and complete the procedure. It must have to cost more to have you go through two procedures.

Am I just seeing this wrong? Could be, late and I should be in bed.

Sorry you had to deal with this...I'd hate it too!
Unread 10-14-2005, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kselibrary
I am so sorry...seems to me if he went in and found what he thought he would find through laproscopy, they would want to have him go ahead and complete the procedure. It must have to cost more to have you go through two procedures.

Am I just seeing this wrong? Could be, late and I should be in bed.

Sorry you had to deal with this...I'd hate it too!
Thanks....I thought so too however...the military is funny with medical things. They have to have a whole seperate authorization for the hysterectomy. We both (the Dr. & I) asked <Oops! Please don't mention insurance companies by name> the same questions.

I just feel like this is all the military's fault cause they lost my records...this is all their fault cause that is where all my "documentation" that <Oops! Please don't mention insurance companies by name> so desperately needed was at. *SIGH*

Thanks for the sympathy. One way or the other things will get done...thankfully I have the support and love of the gals of this board. At least I have a bit more time to prepare this time *a bright side to my dark story I supposse*

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register