I'm home, I'm great, it was a breeze! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm home, I'm great, it was a breeze! I'm home, I'm great, it was a breeze!

Unread 03-14-2006, 12:44 PM
I'm home, I'm great, it was a breeze!

Hi all! Just wanted to check in. Had my LAVH yesterday at 10 am and was home today by 11:00 am! My doctor said it went extremely well and all I could tell the nursing staff (who were wonderful) was that I was going to have to watch doing too much too soon. I feel fantastic - a bit sore, a bit swollen, but great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2006, 12:47 PM

Welcome home and glad all went well. Just remember to rest and don't do too much, even though you are feeling good.
Unread 03-14-2006, 12:51 PM

Glad you're home. Take advantage of your recovery time. Rest, drink lots of water, and don't forget to pamper yourself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2006, 03:34 PM

Welcome home. Happy to hear everything went well. Get get lots of rest, drink lots of water...Dont rush recovery...
Unread 03-14-2006, 08:32 PM

Welcome home! Glad everything went well! Be sure to rest, and let the family pamper you. Listen to your Dr. no matter how 'good' you feel. It's VERY important!

Twizz
(Is it me, or does this little jumpy dude make your belly do flip flops when watching him?) We are told to relax, take it easy, don't do stairs, exercise, or drive... and this little dude just sits there and bounces on our screens... Yawoooowch... it makes my belly hurt !!
Unread 03-15-2006, 05:11 AM

OK just a brief update after sleeping in my own bed.

Yesterday I was up (either sitting or walking around the house slowly for about the same amount of time that I spent lying in bed reading. Still no pain excpet for once when I asked my Mom if she though it was possible my two wet-sounding vaginal "farts" could be a result of air getting into my bladder because of the catheter. We started laughing hysterically and couldn't stop and I had to hold my tummy!

I do get to feeling a bit swlooen if I am on my feet too long. I am drinking plenty of water and letting Mom do the cooking and pick up anything I drop. I am determined to be a very good girl but have to tell you that after a really good night's sleep (which I did NOT get inthe hospital) I feel like a million bucks!
Unread 03-15-2006, 05:26 AM

I am glad things went so well for you! Keep on letting yourself be pampered!
Betts
Unread 03-15-2006, 06:07 AM

Just take it slow and easy - remember to pamper yourself. Best wishes for your recovery!
Love,
Lily
Unread 03-15-2006, 06:12 AM

So glad to hear your recovery is going well. Just remember to not over do it just because you feel well. I found out the hard way that isnt a good idea. Take it s-l-o-w!
Unread 03-15-2006, 06:12 AM

I'm glad you feel so good. Take it easy though. I felt really good yesterday so I was around the house and up more than I should have. By evening, I could feel it. Today....I'm just reading my book and having people wait on me. Best of luck with your continued healing
M.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register