Cat jumped on my belly- should I worry? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Cat jumped on my belly- should I worry? Cat jumped on my belly- should I worry?

Unread 07-08-2010, 11:33 AM
Cat jumped on my belly- should I worry?

Day 12 post TOT- Day 3 post vag hysterectomy & vag rejuve.

Kitty has been worried sick about me and dying to crawl all over me since I got home. She couldn't stand it anymore and took a full leap and landed right in the middle of my belly.

I don't know if I am in shock or really in pain. Should I be concerned? What do I need to watch for?

I guess I am going to have to keep a pillow over me from now on to keep her from doing that again although I think she knows she messed up as she is hiding in the corner now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-08-2010, 12:49 PM
Re: Cat jumped on my belly- should I worry?

Hi

A pillow over the tummy is a great idea. Our furry friends just don't understand why they can't do what they have always done.

It never hurts to call and let the nurse at your Dr's office know what happened. They will be able to tell you what to look out for, and decide if you should come in.

I would definitely be concerned if there was an increase in pain or swelling, of if you just don't "feel right".

Kay
Unread 07-08-2010, 01:23 PM

OUCH!! yes, guard your tummy!! you're lucky to be loved by a cat, but it's too bad she showed it by leaping to you! no doubt she just wants your attention. hope she soon comes out of her corner to get close to you again, just in a more civilized manner, LOL!

my cat has been a faithful bedside companion throughout my recovery -- she loves to sleep on the corner of my bed, but rarely tries to snuggle any closer. comes near for scratches and petting, but then goes back to her corner. does your kitty have a favorite cat-bed, or blanket to sleep on that's near you? she might like that...and forget about your tummy.

i agree -- talk to doc to get her feedback, especially if you have lingering pain. you're probably a lot less fragile than you think, but i'd be wondering the same things you are. hope you feel better soon, and everything is okay.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-08-2010, 02:22 PM

Seems there was no permanent damage to the tummy. I think the strain and shock of coming straight up off the couch was the only residual pain.

I have a nest set up for her by me on the couch but my hubby went out of town today and she was all moany & whiney about him leaving. She jumped off her little nest bed on the back of the couch right onto my belly while I was dozing. Hurt like the dickens but think I will survive it. Can't imagine what it would have felt like had the abdominal hyster!

I am keeping my pillow on my belly now just in case. She hasn't come near me since but is keeping an eye on me from the stairs. She has been snuggling with me in bed at night. I bet she will be too scared tonight though. I also bet she will keep waking me with her moany meow. She is so emotional...
Unread 07-08-2010, 03:17 PM

My cat did the same thing. Sure didn't feel good...
Unread 07-08-2010, 03:29 PM

MIL was cleaning yesterday and one of my kitties is scared to bits of the vacuum, which she was using. He bolted across my stomach, claws and all. I had TAH. I'm just a bit tender today and pretty angry at him still. But now I sit with my protective pillow always. My fat cat is sad he can't be in my lap though. Poor kitties.
Unread 07-08-2010, 04:59 PM

One of my kitties caught me totally off guard by jumping up onto my tummy, the first night I actually slept in my bed after surgery. She almost became furry 3-D wall art, I tell ya!!!

Really glad to hear you are okay!
Unread 07-08-2010, 06:17 PM

My kitties too wanted to snuggle. I guarded my tummy constantly. Hope you're ok! I took lots of naps on the couch, and had one kitty beside me, and one at my feet. They just know you don't feel good. On the other hand, they probably just wanted my body heat. What was I thinking! ;-)
Unread 07-08-2010, 06:36 PM

My kitty jumped on my belly when I had my first abdominal surgery to remove my right ovary......and boy did that hurt!!! I instinctively seized up....big mistake! Luckily I did not hurt myself, and nothing interfered with the healing process. I had no problems. Dr. Pepper learned a long time ago that my belly is off limits, so she doesn't jump on me anymore. She just likes to snuggle close to me on the couch sometimes. Having cat beds around you also comes in handy. I have a basket full of craft materials and wool close to the sofa....lately she's been roosting there.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register