Had Tah 23rd July 07. Itchy Belly! Help. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Had Tah 23rd July 07. Itchy Belly! Help. Had Tah 23rd July 07. Itchy Belly! Help.

Unread 08-18-2007, 04:25 AM
Had Tah 23rd July 07. Itchy Belly! Help.

Hi All. Well I Am Almost 4weeks Post -op, Flew From Usa To Uk, 2 Weeks After Surgery, I Am On Hrt.premerin, But I Have A Rash On My Overhang And The Itching Is Driving Me Mad, It Wakes Me Up At Nite.
As I Had Emergency Surgery On Vacation In Usa, My Gp At Home In Uk, Doesnt Seem To Understand That I Want Help And Advice And I Have No One To Ask. Can Anyone Help Me Please? Will Be Extremelly Gratefull...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-18-2007, 05:17 AM

Hi, my best guess is that it sounds as though your rash could need some steroid cream.....better get it checked out. In the meantime....clean it well, do not rub, pat it dry and put a piece of cotton gauze there to keep the "overhang" off the skin underneath. Good luck..
Unread 08-18-2007, 05:26 AM

thornley1

I'm so sorry you had to have surgery whilst in another country, but very relieved it appeared to go well and you're now back home again.

The rash could be a number of things ~ but one possibilty is a fungal infection, especially if it's in the "crease". Some ladies experience this in the vagina, or under the breasts, following the large doses of antibiotics. It could also be a "heat rash" or a drug reaction. It's very difficult to know. What did your GP say about it?

You may like to read through our HS <links> Post-Op Checkpoint Weeks 1-2 (to catch up a bit) and also Post-Op Checkpoint Weeks 3-4 ~ these articles are packed with information!

Have you asked your GP about a check-up with a Gynaecologist? I'm trying to think how you would be able to do this as you didn't start off with a Consultant in the UK. It may also be an idea to ask your travel insurance company what usually happens in these circumstances when you return home.

Don't forget to rest now, as much as possible, for at least 6 weeks. Take care!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-18-2007, 02:26 PM

I had that itching too for a few days 3 weeks post op, I had just finished around of anti boitoics for a UTI, and man was it a pain, seems it happen when I got lazy and over tired just laying in bed or sitting at the computer I didnt shower every day, and my mini hot flashes added to the body sweat, and I too thought it was some kind of yeast... it was on my abs sides and under breast area, I shower daily wash really good in those areas and pour proxide on the areas for a few seconds and rinse it off. If I get more than normal hot flashes that can make my clothes damp, I keep clean cotton diapers laying flat under my jammies or clothes instead of gauze, you can keep them washed and cost effective, gauze can get costly, I keep dry in those areas now, they absorb great and keep me dry, I have even added a little baby powder on them, now this should be taken up with your doctor but it sure did help me!!! GOOD LUCK..
Unread 08-18-2007, 02:42 PM

It doesn't sound like your GP is very supportive. If you have medical questions, he/she should be answering them! It does sound like a yeast infection though. A topical cream like Lotrimin would help if that's the case. When sweat builds up in our creases it creates a perfect environment for bacteria to grow. I would try the cream until you get to see a doctor. If it does clear up, a good way to prevent it from happening again is to apply some white vinegar on a gauze pad to the creases at the incision, and under your breasts, or anywhere else sweat builds up. There's no smell after it dries, and it creates a hostile environment for bacteria. I hope you find relief soon.

Tracy
Unread 08-19-2007, 03:57 AM

Hi the rash is not in the crease but all over my belly on top of the crease and scar, I am not on any meds only Premarin, and my GP hsnt a clue on Gynea! and I am waiting for my local hospital to make me an appointment to go see a consultant, as I had Emergency Surgery in USA my insurance company (Asda/Walmart) has backed out and refunded me the payment!! so I have a bill to pay now as well.. Great vacation !!!!
Thank you for al your advice girls will try them out and let ya all know..Gayn xx

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register