Sensitive abdomen with clothes after hysterectomy surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sensitive abdomen with clothes after hysterectomy surgery Sensitive abdomen with clothes after hysterectomy surgery

Unread 03-07-2015, 06:42 PM
Sensitive abdomen with clothes after hysterectomy surgery

Hi! I had Davini surgery on February 27th. My abdomen is still very sensitive to any clothing on it. I had 5 incisions and the one at my belly button had brushed ring around it. It is still a tiny bit yellow, so I know it is still healing. Any suggestions besides wearing loose clothes and pulling them away? How long does it take for the pain and sensitive to stop? It makes sleeping harder as I have not yet figured out how to sleep on my side without pain.
I appreciate any and all of your help. Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2015, 06:49 PM
Re: Sensitive with clothes

I never had any sensitivity to my incisions sights, but if clothes are bothering you maybe use quaze over them for half a day. As for sleeping, I had a belly underneath my side so it made it comfy to sleep or I slept on my back.
Unread 03-08-2015, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy2015 View Post
Hi! I had Davini surgery on February 27th. My abdomen is still very sensitive to any clothing on it. I had 5 incisions and the one at my belly button had brushed ring around it. It is still a tiny bit yellow, so I know it is still healing. Any suggestions besides wearing loose clothes and pulling them away? How long does it take for the pain and sensitive to stop? It makes sleeping harder as I have not yet figured out how to sleep on my side without pain.
I had my lavh on Feb 12 and still am unable to wear norm clothes or sleep on my stomach which I was dying to do last night! Honestly, clothes wise, at this point I would recommend getting a few stretchy pants and buying a size up if u need to. I've had numerous surgeries on my abdomen so I feel I am fated to permanent swelly belly, or at least for a few months. I know how much it sucks to spend money on clothes temporarily, but it's better than being in pain. Even if your clothes are just uncomfortable, if they are tight against your incisions it could lead to increased pain as you heal. Given yourself time for those incisions to heal up. Everyone is different, I know I heal very slow and stay sensitive longer, but I try to give yourself at least a few more weeks before being comfy in clothes. If money's tight maybe you could hit up a thrift shop to get some extra loose clothes for the time being! I loaded up on pj bottoms at our goodwill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-08-2015, 11:04 AM
Re: Sensitive abdomen with clothes after hysterectomy surgery

I am wearing maxi dresses. Even though they are summer dresses and it is cold. I just pair them with a light jacket. As far as sleeping goes, I use an extra blanket and kind of shape it into a long tube and put it where it supports my belly when I sleep on my side. I do have insomnia but at least I am a bit more comfortable.
Unread 03-08-2015, 11:53 AM

I wore grannie panties 2 sizes larger and a night gown that was shorter. I also wore bottoms that were really far down. I found wearing the long sun dress was still rubbing.
Unread 03-12-2015, 10:41 AM

Hi! The sensitivity is getting better little at a time. I have several more weeks before I go back to work. I'm hoping by that time that I can at least get into clothes that I had before surgery. I will figure it out as I get closer to returning to work. I hope that everyone is feeling a little better every day as well. Slow and steady with the healing! Having sunshine instead of snow and ice has been a big help as well. Rest and enjoy the quiet moment.
Unread 03-12-2015, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy2015 View Post
Hello I am post op going on three weeks. I had a full abdominal hysterectomy with a 9 inch incision. I can totally relate to the sensitive incision. I find I have to wear only cotton and they have to be loose. As for sleeping I roll a towel up and place it under my belly when I'm on my side. It definitely helps otherwise my insides feel like they are falling out. Hope this helps
Unread 03-12-2015, 03:15 PM

Hi, I'm three weeks post-op from a LAVH and find that yoga pants during the day and cotton PJ's pant at night are working for me. My incisions are still very sensitive, so not sure what I'm going to do when I go back to work Monday. I sleep with a pillow under my knees if I'm on my back, and curled up to a body pillow if on my side. I hope this helps. Big hugs
Unread 03-12-2015, 10:06 PM

One week post-op...had to put on clothes today...oversized yoga pants & XL shirt...because I had to go for bloodwork & hubby took me to a local place for breakfast. I was dressed maybe an hour and a half, and I was DONE! So uncomfortable! I couldn't wait to get home and into a nightgown.

Thanks to Stackylynn for the maxi dress suggestion! That will be helpful when I go back to work in a few weeks.
Unread 03-13-2015, 06:47 AM

Yesterday, I wore a pair of wedge shoes with a dress. Felt great to dress up again! Since then, my abdominal and vertical scar is sore. Prolly the shoes, huh? I'm 7 weeks post op. Felt fine before...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register