no recovery time after surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

no recovery time after surgery no recovery time after surgery

Unread 04-12-2011, 12:03 PM
no recovery time after surgery

I am worried about the way that I am healing. My hysterectomy was on March 16 and a week later my father was ill. I went out of town to take care of him and did alot of things that I wasn't supposed to like lifting and very little sleep. He passed away on April 2nd and my husband and I then had to move his stuff out that weekend because of the distance we live. I haven't had my follow-up yet and i'm afriad they will find something wrong. I am so weak and hurt still and have so many other symptoms don't know what to do. I have only bleed a little. I don't feel well at all. Just wondering has anyone had similiar experience and did everything turn out ok?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2011, 12:09 PM
Re: no recovery time after surgery

I am sorry for the loss of your father. Losing someone is always hard but even more so during your time of recovery. It would probably be a good idea to call your doctor and explain everything to him. Better to call and be fine then to not call and have problems. I hope all goes well for you and again I'm so sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers your way
Unread 04-12-2011, 12:13 PM

First off SORRY for your loss. I didnt do that kind of stuff after my hysterectomy but my dad passed 2 months after mine so i know how you feel there. Hope you are ok an both ends
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2011, 12:40 PM

Thank You for your replies,
I did briefly tell my doctor about things but he just said he would see me at my follow-up. I don't think I conveyed how bad I was feeling but not sure how much is stress or surgery so confused right now.
Unread 04-12-2011, 05:36 PM

I am so sorry for your father's passing. In and of itself, that is stressful enough. I can't imagine how rough your own recovery has been. Although you called your doctor to explain the situation, I would probably call back & ask if you can see him sooner. This recovery is a process that can take up to several months to completely heal from. You sure don't need any more added stress to your recovery.

Praying for you & your family ...
Unread 04-12-2011, 05:57 PM

I am sorry to hear about your loss. This has to be hard enough without adding in the recovery time. I would write down all the symptoms you are having and then try to talk to the doctor or nurse to ask if you need to come in sooner. I have learned that if you can tell them in a few sentences exactly what the symptoms are, then they will probably be able to either put your mind at ease or see you sooner. Sending lots of support and. Try to take care of yourself in this difficult time.
Unread 04-12-2011, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorepmdd View Post
Thank You for your replies,
I did briefly tell my doctor about things but he just said he would see me at my follow-up. I don't think I conveyed how bad I was feeling but not sure how much is stress or surgery so confused right now.
Hi~ I am sorry to hear your father passed away and just right after your surgery. Plus, the stress of having to move the items out of his home. My husband lost his father a couple of years ago, and we had to move lots of stuff out too and it was so stressful. I just couldn't imagine going through all that right after major surgery. In my honest opinion, I think you need to get checked immediately! Since you had no time to rest and you feel terrible, it is better to get checked to ease your mind of doubts. From here on out, I suggest you call on the help of lots of family and friends to catch up on your rest, and to give your body a chance to heal. Please take it easy, and may God give you peace. Robyn
Unread 04-12-2011, 08:59 PM

Sorry for your loss
To put your mind at rest at least go see your GP/PCP that way you can talk through how you are feeling both physically and emotionally
Unread 04-13-2011, 09:23 AM

Sorry for your loss. Lost my father 3yrs ago and had to clear everything out and sell his house, it was very stressful, I can't imagine doing it after surgery.
I agree with nickibear
Take Care/ Thoughts are with you!!
Unread 04-13-2011, 09:54 AM

I am so sorry for your loss! I have overdone it a couple of times since my DvH / BSO on 3/31, and feel that each time has set me days or weeks back in my recovery.

Lots of rest and water help me, as well as LOTS of sleep. I just recently tried this APP on my phone that is a hypnosis for losing weight by Max Kirsten. The main benefit I have gotten from it is deep relaxation and stress relief. It is the only time I feel my body is completely at ease. I listen to it before bed and I sleep great.

I know the Hyster Sisters store also has some relaxation & sleep cd's that are good, too.

In any case, I hope you are back on the road to healthy recovery soon. Be gentle with yourself and accept any kind of help that is offered! You deserve it!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register