Doctor's will not listen to me | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Doctor's will not listen to me Doctor's will not listen to me

Unread 01-13-2011, 06:21 PM
Doctor's will not listen to me

heck all they have ever put me on is estradiol I had my surgery at 35. Why is it they will not listen to me?? I can not even get the gp to test the hormone levels!!!

Angela
feeling so very frustrated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2011, 06:20 AM
Re: Doctor's will not listen to me

Ihear you loud and clear. Been there done that hate that. I've been to two diff. gyns since last Nov. They have not helped me get balanced one says one thing the other says something different. I switched back to climara patches cant make up my mind between a .1 and .5 i just seem to trade diff symptoms when I've tried cutting back or staying at .1 I would try another dr. ask his/her office if the dr will do hormone testing. some holistic drs are more willing to check hormones. I am going to see a nurse practioner who will do it and prescribe.
i know your frustration.
Unread 01-14-2011, 10:59 AM

It is so bad here that until I started reading this forum I had not heard of anything other than estradiol . I was up again all night last night, I would lay there, so tired but just could not sleep! I hate nights, I feel so alone everyone else is asleep and I am tortured by watching them sleep when all I want is the same! Its like eating a big piece of chocolate cake in front of a diabetic who can't have it.

angela
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2011, 12:56 PM

I hear you, I had the same experience with my Dr. until I changed to one who actually believed me & didn't just rely on bloodwork, which showed up as "normal" when I felt awful.

Keep trying, & I agree with amar, maybe a natural or holistic Dr. would be more helpful for you.
Unread 01-14-2011, 01:44 PM

My anti-aging dr. is wonderful as far as trying to get to the root of the problem! I have had a TON of bloodwork done and found some things like mono, intestinal yeast infection and that ALL my hormones and many vitamin levels were low. Some of these hormones I never knew even exisited were tested and low. Not to discourage, just my findings are that it can be very expensive and they tend to want to go compounding all the way which my insurance does not cover at all I still see her but have to work with some of my HMO doctors as well. I wish I knew this and am just passing along what I have learned after seeing her and hearing other stories as well. Wishing you the best on finding a great dr. who listens to you, your symptoms and can help put the pieces together!!!
Unread 01-14-2011, 02:45 PM

Have you tried looking for a PA (physicians assistant) that might see you. Sometimes they can be more sympathetic. I love mine. She even went to special training to learn about bioidentical hormones. Just another option to try! Hope you get someone to listen to you soon!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register