Did I undo my surgery after 6 weeks? Help | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Did I undo my surgery after 6 weeks? Help Did I undo my surgery after 6 weeks? Help

Unread 05-22-2010, 12:21 PM
Did I undo my surgery after 6 weeks? Help

I had to drive about 100 miles 5 days this past week and yesterday I started having pain on my left lowe side going to my pelvic area. My vagina feels swollen. I passed what looked like disolved stiches(black pepper dots) and clear discharge for several days then last night passed black pepper spot with a few bright red spots just once. If I lay down I'm not in pain but if I walk around and do much pain starts on left side of pelvic area. Have a undone my surgery ? Torn something? My doctor said do anything after 1 week and sex after three but I waited to be safe. I haven't even tired sex and now I am scared I have undone everything. I am 6 1/2 weeks since LSH. Will rest fix it or do I need to call doctor Monday?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-22-2010, 12:45 PM
Re: Did I undo my surgery after 6 weeks? Help

hi worried, not sure if I can help you much but to me it just sounds like the normal healing and passing of stitching material. My doc told me this could be accompanied by some blood spotting and clear fluid.

i doubt if driving strained anything - but yesterday I was on my my feet and sitting up too much - at back to back big events - and last night i felt it also had a lot more discharge. i was exhausted and felt like i was in a coma when my head hit the pillow. so you might have overdone it, just rest now, i think you are fine. but do call the docs!!

side note - when i popped a stitch and had problems, my vagina and outer lips also felt a bit heavy or swollen, not sure what that was all about. once things were back to normal, that sensation went away.

hope you feel better soon! don't beat yourself up - we all have to keep living our lives along with the healing, it is hard but we have to continue onward.

TVH 19 Apr, still have ovaries, 44 years old
Unread 05-22-2010, 12:57 PM

I did have heavy feeling the day of the bright red spots but it got better after resting over night. I also did sit in hard folding chairs during this time. I'm so scared my thingy is falling out or I tore loose something. I didn't think I was doing to much then it hit. Thankful the bleeding was just a few spots but the pain worries me. It seems to be in left side of vagina up pelvic region. Stops when I lay down but starts up when I walk around.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-22-2010, 02:11 PM

Worriedsick,
If the pain continues, then you probably need to contact your doctor. They could tell you if they think you tore something which I kind of doubt. Hopefully the pain will decrease and get better but if it isn't call your doctor to let them know. I'm not sure how severe the pain is, but if it is really intense then call the doc today. I hope you feel better. Try to rest and see if that helps. Sending lots of hugs.
Unread 05-22-2010, 05:45 PM

If I get any pain, it is always in the bottom left-hand side. Last night I woke up in the middle of the night and sat up and had a really sharp knife-like pain in that area. It didn't last but was not pleasant. I am nearly 5 weeks post-op. I think twinges etc are very common. I would only start to worry if it was continuous or very frequent.
Unread 05-23-2010, 06:33 PM

Sometimes after surgery, even doing a little bit of stuff can really overtax our systems. I had decided I could walk my dogs one day about one week after the surgery and that night I was really sore. I was panicking but after I slept and took it easy, I was fine. I think this our body's way of saying slow down. Hope you are feeling better. Sending hugs.
Unread 05-24-2010, 11:16 AM

Thanks for all the help. Went to Dr today. Didn't tear anything but due to ovaries being supressed from 20 yrs of birth contol pills I was dry and developed bacterial infection. Got cream inserts hope and pray this heals me. Guess this explains my dry eyes too and why I can't wear my contacts. Dr says will get better once my ovaries start working again.
Unread 05-24-2010, 06:00 PM

I am glad to hear that they figured it out. I am not surprised about an infection. I have had multiple infections and have read posts from others who had them. With the cream, it should improve. I am glad it wasn't anything more serious than that. You are in my prayers. Sending lots of.
Unread 05-24-2010, 06:13 PM

Thank you so much got the prayers. Hope I will be well after this setback:-)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register