Abdominal Alumni please help! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Abdominal Alumni please help! Abdominal Alumni please help!

Unread 07-26-2013, 09:42 PM
Abdominal Alumni please help!

I am 18 days post-op today. A week ago I tried to walk outside for the first time just around our court...by the time I looped around to my driveway I was in a little pain so just realized it wasn't time yet. Tonight I did the same thing and I still have this uncomfortable tight pulling that turns into a pinching pain from entire low abdomen to top of leg mainly the left side. I don't see my doctor until the 31st so any advise would be so appreciated...do you push through it and keep walking slowly because it's normal or do you stop because it's a sign healing not ready to walk continuously. I have read by this time-frame laproscopic surgery is encouraged to walk...not sure about my abdoninal. I am a real gym girl getting nervous because I can't imagine being on the tredmill in 3 more weeks if I can't even walk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2013, 10:07 PM
Re: Abdominal Alumni please help!

I had a tah. I took it very easy during my recovery. When I tried to walk in the neighborhood during the early weeks, I too would feel the pinching and pulling. I took it as a sign I was doing too much and would go back and lay down. It did get better ever week and I could eventually walk further. Hope you feel better soon!
Unread 07-26-2013, 10:10 PM

I suggest that if it hurts, it is your body telling you that it is too much. Everyone heals at a different rate and you really can't go by someone else. Just walk as much as you can and as soon as you start getting that heavy feeling in your tummy, it is time for you to rest. Please keep us posted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-26-2013, 10:16 PM
Abdominal Alumni please help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelanieHorton View Post
I had a tah. I took it very easy during my recovery. When I tried to walk in the neighborhood during the early weeks, I too would feel the pinching and pulling. I took it as a sign I was doing too much and would go back and lay down. It did get better ever week and I could eventually walk further. Hope you feel better soon!
Thank you!
Unread 07-26-2013, 11:19 PM

I was scheduled for a TVH but ended up with an emergency TAH. If you're feeling pain/pinching/pulling, it means that your body isn't ready yet. Rest.
I'm now at the 4.5 week mark and due to some complications I'm just NOW starting to walk more and have the recovery that I thought I would have.
Take care!
Unread 07-27-2013, 04:08 AM

Just as everyone else stated it's your body telling you you're moving too much, or it's not time to do this & that! We ALL heal differently at different intervals! Take it easy! Rest rest rest!!!!! You will get back on that treadmill, but in due timing! You just had major surgery inside, not outside!!! Get you rest & relaxation. Like they say "pamper the princess".
Unread 07-27-2013, 04:51 AM

Hi, my TAH was in 2011, I was out walking little strolls the next day (just to get a latte then back to bed). I now realise that I did do too much too soon... listen to your body, try stroll around everyday, but rest when your body tells you to... when it pulls and pains! Good luck with your recoveries!!
Unread 07-27-2013, 08:04 AM

Everyone's different. I had a TAH and was out doing short walks in the neighbourhood right the first week *but* I paid a lot of attention to how my body was feeling and when I started to get the first signs of tiredness or "pre-pain", I'd head for home.

The only kind of pain that I walked through was pain from getting stitches in my side. These are different from what you're describing, though - the pain is right up underneath your ribs, usually on one side or the other, occasionally on both at once. For those, I did deep-breathing exercises as I walked.

When you're not walking, try to spend time sitting upright as this also provides gentle exercise for the abdominal muscles.
Unread 07-27-2013, 10:47 AM

♡ You women here I have never met, when you say it, it calms me and I listen as if you were my best friend. Thank you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register