Just a few days now | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just a few days now Just a few days now

Unread 10-25-2014, 08:59 AM
Just a few days now

Wednesday is the big day for me. I had a minor melt down when the scatterbrained secretary at my doctors office told me she wasn't sure if I was going to have my surgery on the 28th, the 29th or the 30th. I reminded her that everything in my life was scheduled for the 29th, and was planning to call the surgical center to see if they had a clue, when she called me back and said, no worries, we're all set for the 29th.

So, after that merry-go-round I settled back in and finished cleaning my house, setting up my nest for when I come home, bought a couple of nightshirts that will be comfy and easy to get in and out of, and set my appointment at the surgical center for pre-op blood work on Tuesday.

I have to admit to a few moments of pause where I actually thought I should cancel this whole thing. After all, I'm not feeling like I'm dying or anything. I have discomfort, that sometimes becomes minor pain, but, nothing I couldn't live with. sigh, still, I did bleed for two weeks and I can't go more than an hour without peeing, and the stinging sensation over my one functioning ovary is disconcerting.

sigh, I'm just plodding along trying not to worry about it. All the possibilities of things that could go wrong or be wrong. It can be so overwhelming.

Wake me when it's over.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-25-2014, 09:27 AM
Re: Just a few days now

Keep your chin up! Jitters are normal. Sounds like you are doing all the right things. I pray that your procedure goes well. I am 3 days past my surgery and feel surprisingly good!
Unread 10-25-2014, 12:46 PM

Hi teria -

Your second thoughts are very normal - it is an overwhelming experience. And all of the unknowns can really drive you .
I remember I had an extreme freakout about 4 days before surgery , so you are not alone.

Keep yourself busy - that can help take your mind off matters. Also, treat yourself to something special this weekend. Maybe a or or with friends.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-25-2014, 02:48 PM

One week before surgery I thought " If I'm supposed to really go thru with this surgery, give me a sign, God.". Later that morning, I had incredible cramps and vaginal pain at the opening as I think my uterus was just saying " I'm outta here!".

10 days post op, no regrets thus far.
Unread 10-25-2014, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow625 View Post
One week before surgery I thought " If I'm supposed to really go thru with this surgery, give me a sign, God.". Later that morning, I had incredible cramps and vaginal pain at the opening as I think my uterus was just saying " I'm outta here!".

10 days post op, no regrets thus far.
Lol, I am almost afraid to ask for a sign, I think something might actually fall out.
Unread 10-26-2014, 01:45 AM

Hi Teria, I'm right there with you, my TAH is on the 29th as well. I'm a little nervous but more looking forward to feeling so much better when it's all over. Good luck to you on Wednesday
Unread 10-26-2014, 06:36 AM

Yeah every once in awhile I have a fleeting mini "ACK!!!!!!!!" attack of nerves happen inside. LOL I'm not really afraid... well let's put it this way... I'm *more* afraid of what will happen if I don't have the surgery! lol So you are not alone! I think having some nervousness is normal.
And count me in the group Not asking for a sign in case something falls out (further)!!!
Unread 10-26-2014, 08:28 AM

I had my freak out a few days ago too and thought, i can handle this..no problem! But then I was reminded that this is the one week of the month that I am ok. Let's not talk about the other 3 weeks. I could hardly sleep this week...I was so nervous. So last night, I read my daughter stories, took a long hot bath, lit a candle, and slept 9 glorious hours only to wake up to horrible cramps.. Thank you for the answer God (and the good night sleep). Good luck to you this week!
Unread 10-26-2014, 01:43 PM

My hysterectomy is scheduled for a week after yours. I find myself getting more nervous by the day. To make it worse, I have adenomyosis with VERY heavy periods. I was expecting my last hoorah this month and I've missed my period completely!! I keep thinking...is this a sign that I shouldn't go through with it?! I'll ask for another sign, lol!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register