Will I ever be at peace with my decision? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Will I ever be at peace with my decision? Will I ever be at peace with my decision?

Unread 02-28-2006, 06:04 PM
Will I ever be at peace with my decision?

Scheduled for TAH/BSO April 25, and I am still not comfortable with the decision that I am making. I am 31 and have 2 beautiful children, but it is as if I am losing a part of myself, my youth. Does anyone else feel this way? What is wrong with me? I will be free from that awful pain but I am just so sad, maybe it is hormones?

Soon,
MW
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2006, 06:11 PM

It is understandable to have second thoughts. It is only natural to feel this way. I know that I did, especially since I haven't carried a child of my own and have really wanted to do so. I just kept thinking that I have a chance at having a pain free life and not have to have limitations in my daily tasks once I am healed from the surgery.

Once I had the surgery and felt so much better, even before leaving the castle, and then finally receiving the pathology report, my decision has been vindicated.

Donna
Unread 02-28-2006, 06:11 PM

You certainly are entitled to feel anyway you want to. This is a big decision. Sometimes it is made easily, sometimes not.

Perhaps discussing this further with your doctor or a close friend, or even perhaps a therapist would help you be at ease with your decision, one way or the other.

Whatever you decide, we are here for you.

I am sending some 's your way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2006, 06:12 PM

Hello, fellow Tennessee Sister!
There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with you. I had my TAH last summer just after turning 45. We never had kids. I was so afraid I would be depressed, sad, never at peace with the decision, etc. Guess what? Things are GREAT! I feel wonderful, just like a kid. To celebrate, we bought a new convertible! (zoom zoom...)
You'll be fine. Hug your sweet kids and be at peace.
Unread 02-28-2006, 06:22 PM

Oh, I struggle with this too. I am so happy to be rid of the pain, but I am sad to be in this position. I am 31 too, and it feels too young to be going through this, on the other hand I feel older than I should because of the condition of my body.

The thing that makes me feel better is to think, "I am wishing for something that I would never have" that being a pain-free existence with my uterus. It is okay to be sad, but better to look forward to living a life without pain. That can afford us the opportunity to be more available to our children, our husbands, and even other people around us.

It is too easy to just focus on the positive, but I feel I must not waste too much time mourning something that was never very positve for me. I am trying to have a sense of humor about it all, it is not what I wanted but it is a part of the story of my life, and it will all turn out for good in the end. I have to believe that.

HUGS,
Betts
Unread 02-28-2006, 06:27 PM

What wonderful statements from all of you. Thank you so much!
Unread 02-28-2006, 06:40 PM

Maverick,

I am also 31, and just had a LAVH and a BSO due to endometriosis (and many other things) but I cried, I sencond guess, I did research, and I found comfort here. My husband was wonderful too. I have two children (1 boy 1 girl) and find peace in knowing that you had your children early for a reason... you just didn't know that reason until now. I always wondered why I had mine early... and it's because God knew I was going to be a good mother, and wanted me to have the chance to do so.

The world works in mysterious ways. You are not alone tho... I think we all 'wonder'

Have faith, and find comfort in all of us here,

Twizz
Unread 02-28-2006, 07:16 PM

i to at the age of 37 was second guessing also.but i have 2 children had them young and glad that i did. i will be glad to getr rid of the cyst in me and the enlarged uterus which has caused me so much grief
Unread 02-28-2006, 10:57 PM
Me too

I am scheduled for a total in April. I am have been doing well but today I read a book of personal stories where 90% of the women were unhappy with their descisions. Now I am doubting my choice which is totally indicated due to carcinoma in situ of the cervix and adenocarcinoma, both non-invasive but needing treatment. I need to hear from people who have had a total, done well on HRT, and are living healthy lives.

Purple Sage
Unread 02-28-2006, 11:08 PM

Hi Purple Sage,

My heart goes out to you in your struggle to know what is best.

Perhaps if you checked into the Cancer Concerns forum https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/forumdisplay.php?f=6, you could find sisters who are going/have gone through similar situations with information that would be of further help.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register