How are the 2 weekers doing? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How are the 2 weekers doing? How are the 2 weekers doing?

Unread 04-11-2006, 02:04 PM
How are the 2 weekers doing?

I can't believe it's two weeks already.. I'm feeling really good.

I have found doing things sitting down are great. I can stand for awhile, but I don't push it.

I have had some outtings where I did too much and I paid for it.

I started driving the other day. It isn't bad, I just don't drive every day. I had been cleared by my doctor to drive.

I hope everyone's recovery is going well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2006, 05:25 PM

Glad to hear you are doing so well.
I'm only just over a week out but feeling better each day.
Hope your recovery keeps going smoothly!
Unread 04-11-2006, 06:11 PM

I hope yours goes well too..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2006, 06:59 PM

I'm a 2-weeker too...glad to hear your recovery is going well. Mine is as well. I went to my doctor last Wednesday and had my staples removed. Said for me to try to keep the steri-strips on 1.5 to 2 weeks if possible...anxiously awaiting being able to remove them. He cleared me for driving this week and said to increase my physical activity. I haven't got in the car yet, but may venture out in the next day or so. I have some swelling, kinda a roll above the incision (I'm not a real big person so it seems HUGE to me...hoping it will subside down the road). I was given a Climara patch the evening of my surgery (surgery was at 9 AM). I had a few days of feeling feverish...not sure if it was hormonal or surgery related but that subsided during the first week. I still get a few twinges now and then to remind me that I'm on the mend and not to overdue. Would love to continue notes and hear how everyone is doing.
Unread 04-11-2006, 07:48 PM

2 weeks tomorrow, wow that went fast. Feeling much better than I expected. I hope I get cleared to drive at my post op appointment tomorrow. I am getting around pretty well but still trying to behave and not over due it.
Unread 04-11-2006, 07:55 PM

full speed ahead ~glad to hear your recovery is going well. I had steri strips after surgery. Mine stayed on for 10 days before they came off.
I have that roll too. I've been using my swelly belly and it seems to help.
That's great that the climara patch is working for you.
I was given one after surgery. A few days after it started coming off so my doctor took it off. I have one here at the house, but I haven't used it I've been using supplements, herbs, and natural progesterone cream.
Good luck with your first trip out. My biggest suggestion isn't to go too far. I went 5 minutes from my house and I was beat.

I would like to share notes and how everyone is doing as well.
Unread 04-11-2006, 09:22 PM

Hello Shutterbug

How is your recovery going?? I noticed that your hysterectomy is close to my date, and you have helped me with some of my posts, just wanted to thank you, How are you feeling, I see that Sharon is posting, we have kept in touch because we had surgery the same day, and today is our anniversary 2 weeks. Yipee! It seems like we were just waiting for the Big Day and were nervous, but now we are recovering and doing good, Please write me tell me how your feeling too!! )

Relax!! Relax!!

Take care of yourself

Kimber

Ps Glad we are now Post op!! Better than Pre-op Huh!!!
Unread 04-11-2006, 09:28 PM

Hello Sharon

Glad to see this post dedicated to us 2 weekers ) Remember Don't push yourself, take it easy, your still healing ))

HUGS!!! HUGS!!!!

Kimber
Unread 04-12-2006, 12:30 AM

hello, I'm a 2 weeker also! Just been laying around and taking it easy.I don't want to rush the healing process. I took my steri strips off today. My incision looks good. Just wish that I didn't have all that hardness underneath and above my incision. That is what is driving my nuts! Venturing out to do some Easter shopping tomorrow. Don't know how that will go. Still didn't drive!!
Unread 04-12-2006, 05:10 AM

Hi to all fellow 2wkrs

Good post starter!!

Sounds like things are going well. I too am paying for overdoing it once. But that won't happen again (I hope).

Keep up the good work.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register