starting to get new pains | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

starting to get new pains starting to get new pains

Unread 09-06-2006, 02:45 PM
starting to get new pains

i had a tvh(kept overies)aug 21.so im 16 days post-op the last few days i have been getting some weird pain in my abdominal (lower) area.i know what it felt like when i stood up the 1st time i had a c-section every thing kinda fell forward thats how i feel when i get up,it kinda hurts if im sitting or laying down and i have to cough i kinda roll up into a ball and hold my belly because it hurts when my belly extends from coughing,is this normal,and again im back on stool softners!!!! i hope someone can shine some light
thanks
hmrey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-06-2006, 03:00 PM

I am 5 weeks tomorrow and it still hurts a little when I cough. My whole belly doesn't hurt anymore when I cough, it is just the lower part like above the pubic bone. It really helps if I hold pressure on the area when I cough. Getting up and down seemed like it got worse at about 2 weeks for me. I had to use the kind of stance I used during the last couple months of pregnancy to get up. I sit in a recliner and I had to put my feet far apart and use the arms of the recliner to push myself up. Also for about 3 to 4 weeks everything inside felt like it was moving around. When dh would hit bumps in the car it felt like everything was moving. He got to where he would warn me to hold the belly before he hit the bumps or RR tracks. After standing for awhile it felt like everything was right up front. My belly would get heavy and my back would hurt. Luckily, most of that has went away now!!!

Good luck with the rest of your recovery!!
Unread 09-06-2006, 03:01 PM

Don't know about shining some light for you, but I'm a week ahead of you and it seems like every few days something else makes its presence known. The latest is a pulling sensation at my left side at belly button level-much higher than the incision from the surgery. I think the whole insides were irritated and they are taking it out on us....I too am heavily on stool softeners. I think part of it is I"m not moving as much as usual, and the bowels still seem to be sluggish, not sure why as it's been 3 weeks, but I'm strange anyway
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-06-2006, 03:08 PM

I'm almost at the end of my 4th week, I had a lot of new pains the previous 2 weeks, they got to be less now - although this morning I freaked myself out because I had a new pain up higher then normal, but that too has gone away --- I can tell you each time it was less and each time it was shorter in the amount of time that passed by -- hang in there, but if it gets to be too much or too long, call you doc, that's what they are there for; mine has been great about answering any question that I call him about no matter the time....
Unread 09-06-2006, 04:19 PM

One thing you might consider (if you don't already have one) is a tummy binder (or something like the Swelly Belly Band sold in the Hyster Sisters store).

I know that for many weeks after my surgery, I really appreciated the support that my binder gave me. Otherwise, I would have had that "falling" feeling you describe.

In the meantime, when you have to cough (or sneeze), hold a pillow against your tummy.
Unread 09-06-2006, 06:26 PM

hi im 6weeks post, and what a big difference a week makes. I went away for the week end and came back a new woman , I dont know why . all of a sudden everything just seemed to fall into place, back into all my clothes with no discomfort at all and starting to get back into my old routine, my doc. cleared me today. she said tske 2 weeks to ease into things, listen to your doc. I thought I would never be the same as I was before but believe me you will get there , be patient honey, we have all been there.......hugs to you ...
Unread 09-07-2006, 04:28 PM

I had the same feeling. I held my tummy up with my hand when I sent to stand up. I even wore the tummy binder at times. When I slept if I ended up on my side it seems as if my whole tummy slid to the side. So I wore the tummy band to bed. It sure did help.. Like other said when you sneeze hold you tummy. It does get better 9 weeks post op
and I no longer have this problem. So it does get better each week.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register