Yeast Infection after surgery??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Yeast Infection after surgery??? Yeast Infection after surgery???

Unread 09-14-2012, 08:37 AM
Yeast Infection after surgery???

I had surgery on the 28th of August. Monday / Tuesday I found myself very constipated after not having a BM in three days. Finally on Tuesday I had a BM but it was very painful and just an awful mess.

Today I wake up with vaginal burning. Not really discharge but burning much like a yeast infection. I'm wondering if others have had this problem?

I'm just a wreck. I don't want to deal with more issues. I thought I was doing so well. Then Monday/ Tuesday was such a set back and I was amazied at how a BM or lack of one can cause such mental anxiety.

would like to know if others have had this problem? What did you do?

Thanks in advance for any help you can be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-14-2012, 09:52 AM
Re: Yeast Infection after surgery???

I've read another post where she had a yeast infection. I think it makes perfect sense since we're probably wearing panties 24/7 with a pad or liner. The girl can't breath. Call your doctor. They may be able to prescribe the diflucan pill. The other sister said her doctor told her to use the Monistat ovule without the applicator. I'm sure it's not the first time the doc got a call like this. I guess you just need to get his/her advice on how to treat it. The longer yo wait, the worse it will get, so call now.. hugs.
Unread 09-14-2012, 01:54 PM

Hi Jackie,

I felt the same way post-op, but even a test ruled out a yeast infection. The only thing that gave me relief was vaginal estrogen (Estrace) which was given to me by my hormone DR after my GYN deemed my burning to be "nothing".

Hope you get some relief!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-14-2012, 06:25 PM

I ate yogurt to fight yeast infections post surgery.
Unread 09-14-2012, 08:14 PM

I don't know if everyone gets this, but when I had my surgery they gave me antibiotics in the drip before/during/after my surgery. Whenever I have antibiotics I get a yeast infection, so my doctor gave me a prescription before surgery that I took when I came home from the hospital.
Unread 09-15-2012, 12:03 AM

I have no ovaries and could not start them for 6 weeks after my surgery. I had a lot of vaginal irritation after my surgery until I started my estrogel. Even though even after 9 months out, they aren't perfect, its getting better. I use estrogel 3 times a day, its the best I have found for me, I had troubles with the rest. I also use a vaginal estrogen cream two times a week. I can also tell when I forget to use it, I get a burning, itchy feeling, that is similar to a yeast infection

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register