dVH/RALH If you are thinking about going back to work early read this first | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

If you are thinking about going back to work early read this first If you are thinking about going back to work early read this first

Unread 01-30-2013, 09:06 AM
If you are thinking about going back to work early read this first

I just want to put a quick note out there for consideration. I am feeling pretty good, and since I have a desk job I could probably handle the physical aspect of the job. However I went out to run errands yesterday, and ran into a very small problem and started crying in the store. Always embarrassing right? Anyway my point is that although you may feel great physically consider how you you might react to problems at work that are unexpected or stressful. I could not control it. Another thing to consider if you are using short term disability that you could possibly have to start a whole new waiting week if you went back and had to leave again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-30-2013, 09:51 AM
Re: If you are thinking about going back to work early read this first

My doc said 2 weeks. I said nope 4... I had bleeding issues and 6 weeks was the ticket for me...
Unread 01-30-2013, 09:53 AM

What's the rush!! truth be known this is still invasive major surgery! Let th body do its thing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-05-2013, 11:43 AM

I am starting my 5th week and have been in bed all day the past two days. You just can't predict even day to day how you will feel. I m c p !
Unread 02-05-2013, 12:40 PM

Same here Ibyard: I felt pretty good last week and then yesterday I had side pain and slept all day. I am really tired today too
Unread 02-05-2013, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatBazz View Post
My doc said 2 weeks. I said nope 4... I had bleeding issues and 6 weeks was the ticket for me...
Exact same thing I heard from my doc. I did go back on Week 4, but didn't feel myself again and with enough energy to make it through the day until Week 6.
Unread 02-19-2013, 10:01 PM

I will probably be released to go back to work on Friday, but I will tell the Dr. I want to start at half days. I had a full hysterectomy, so since I have no ovaries and am not using hrt I'm not sure how I'll react to stress. I'm pretty sure I will cry! I was kind of a crier before, so I think its hopeless! Should be fun, (she says sarcastically.)
Unread 02-19-2013, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbyard View Post
I will probably be released to go back to work on Friday, but I will tell the Dr. I want to start at half days. I had a full hysterectomy, so since I have no ovaries and am not using hrt I'm not sure how I'll react to stress. I'm pretty sure I will cry! I was kind of a crier before, so I think its hopeless! Should be fun, (she says sarcastically.)
Keep in mind, short term disability may not cover half days at all.
Unread 02-19-2013, 10:15 PM

Good call! I'm going to check on that tomorrow before my appt on Thursday. Half a paycheck isn't an option. If its not covered, that will stink! Thanks for the reminder.
Unread 02-22-2013, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoCo1109 View Post
Keep in mind, short term disability may not cover half days at all.
Yes once you are off short term, they use your time from sick, vacation,& holidays for any fmla.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register