LAVH 3 days post hysterectomy: How long does this pain last | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 days post hysterectomy: How long does this pain last 3 days post hysterectomy: How long does this pain last

Unread 05-27-2017, 07:26 AM
3 days post hysterectomy: How long does this pain last

I had my lavh and selpingectomy on wed I came home that same night because of family issues, I'm still in huge amounts of pain. How long can I expect this to last. I'm very stressed out and not getting much support execpt the basic. Can stress affect my healing. Please help I'm miserable
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-27-2017, 01:00 PM
Re: How long does this pain last

What type of surgery did you have? What type of pain are you having? Do you stick to your doctor's recovery restrictions?
Unread 05-27-2017, 02:10 PM
Re: How long does this pain last

and

Though hysterectomies are done frequently, it's still major surgery. Many of us need narcotic pain meds to manage the pain, along with anti-inflammatories. No one is back to normal after the 3rd day - if they're blessed to not be in pain, they still have healing going on for 4-8 weeks (and that's just until our doctors release us). The best advice for pain management is to take your pain meds on schedule and don't try to forego them to hurry recovery along. Foregoing them means you're less likely to rest, rest is what you need for healing, and you can't hurry this recovery. If your pain is beyond a 5, 6, or 7 as described in the article Communicating Pain After Hysterectomy, please call your doctor - you may not be responding to the pain meds adequately.

In case you weren't sure what to expect with this surgery, here are some resources to help guide you through these early weeks:
Also, check out your Recovery Thread at Recovery Progress Reports for May 22-28. Recovery Threads are dedicated threads for women who had surgery the same week as you. They are wonderful for getting support, comparing notes, and encouraging others.

Rest well, and call your doctor if you're not getting any relief from the pain with your meds.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-27-2017, 03:19 PM
3 days post hysterectomy: How long does this pain last

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrussell View Post
I had my lavh and selpingectomy on wed I came home that same night because of family issues, I'm still in huge amounts of pain. How long can I expect this to last. I'm very stressed out and not getting much support execpt the basic. Can stress affect my healing. Please help I'm miserable
I'm sorry you are so miserable.
Please stay ahead of the pain by taking your meds on time and try to get help.
I do believe that stress does impact everything- including healing, so hopefully everything will settle down for you soon?
Best wishes and hugs!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register