1 month post hysterectomy (kept one ovary): Anxious and weepy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

1 month post hysterectomy (kept one ovary): Anxious and weepy 1 month post hysterectomy (kept one ovary): Anxious and weepy

Unread 07-18-2017, 11:59 AM
1 month post hysterectomy (kept one ovary): Anxious and weepy

Is it normal to feel anxious and weepy? I'm not experiencing this everyday, but I'm feeling this way today. I'm normally a happy, funny person.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-18-2017, 02:21 PM
Re: Anxious and weepy

If you are feeling upset at times, that seems pretty normal to me. You have had a life-changing experience. Feelings of upset, vulnerability, irritation -- all these are feelings most of us experience after our surgery is over and we are a few weeks to a few years out. It's a bit of a roller coaster, those first months. If you feel like crying and don't know why you do, go ahead and cry anyway. Your body is making a huge adjustment right now.
Unread 07-18-2017, 03:59 PM

Thank you so much for your time and explaining this to me.
  Quote:
Originally Posted by blueheron2003 View Post
If you are feeling upset at times, that seems pretty normal to me. You have had a life-changing experience. Feelings of upset, vulnerability, irritation -- all these are feelings most of us experience after our surgery is over and we are a few weeks to a few years out. It's a bit of a roller coaster, those first months. If you feel like crying and don't know why you do, go ahead and cry anyway. Your body is making a huge adjustment right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-18-2017, 04:02 PM
Re: Anxious and weepy

Do you still keep track of your cycle? As youkept at least one ovary, that could also be part of it.
Unread 07-18-2017, 04:07 PM

Hi. No, unfortunately I can't keep track of my cycle because toward the end before my hysterectomy, I bled for the last year. it would stop for a few days and then start again so I no longer had a cycle to go by it became completely unpredictable. But thank you for that advice though.
  Quote:
Originally Posted by GPMS View Post
Do you still keep track of your cycle? As youkept at least one ovary, that could also be part of it.
Unread 07-19-2017, 04:53 AM

It's possible that your remaining ovary has temporarily shut down, because its main blood supply - the uterine artery - has been severed, and it may take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months to establish a new supply, and this can have a profound effect on your emotional well-being. When I felt like that after my surgery, I found that simply getting out of the house and taking a walk would make me feel better. Also, if you're okay with eating soy, then the plant estrogens from 1-2 daily servings of tofu, edemame, or soy milk can help with hormonal balance Also, up to 90% of serotonin production takes place in the intestinal tract, and depends on the friendly bacteria living in there, which may have been affected by antibiotics used in the surgery; a good probiotic supplement can help to restore them. Also include foods high in tryptophan, which the body converts to seritonin; that includes whole eggs, salmon, tofu, and turkey. Salmon is high in omega 3 fats, which can also help with proper brain function; other good sources include walnuts, flaxseeds - another good source of plant estrogens - and chia seeds. Other nutrients that can help include folic acid from leafy greens, legumes and fortified grain products, and Vitamin B12, from most animal proteins, nutritional yeast, and fortified soy products and non-dairy milks. Sending you my warmest hugs, and best wishes for your continued recovery!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register