sleeping problems | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

sleeping problems sleeping problems

Unread 10-12-2007, 10:44 AM
sleeping problems

I have no problem going to sleep, but I wake after only 5 hrs. and can't go back to sleep. I know this isn't enough sleep as I feel the ill effects all day. Could it be hormone-related?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-12-2007, 10:52 AM
sleeping problems

I don't know if it's hormonal, but I'm going through the same exact thing. It'll be interesting to hear what other sisters have to say.
Unread 10-12-2007, 11:31 AM
sleeping problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by abicyclelover
I have no problem going to sleep, but I wake after only 5 hrs. and can't go back to sleep. I know this isn't enough sleep as I feel the ill effects all day. Could it be hormone-related?
We can better help you if you complete your member survey and let us know more about you and your situation.

In general, insomnia is a classic and very common menopausal symptom. Insomnia means hard to fall asleep, or hard to stay asleep. Or both!! In a woman with no ovaries who is taking hrt, it could certainly mean she is low on estrogen, or is otherwise unbalanced hormonally.

I suffered terrribly from the same situation as you. Once I got my hormones balanced, my sleep improved dramatically.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-13-2007, 05:48 PM
sleeping problems

I was on very low amount of estrogen and sleeping pretty okay and had night sweats and headaches. i switched to a new kind and they increased it a bit and the one set of symptons (night sweats and headache) went away and then insomina started. I 've decided to go back to a lower dose and see if I can sleep again. I don't like headaches or night sweats but sleep deprivation is worse for me. It seems an increase of estrogen or too much can cause sleep problems too. I guess everyone is different. I hope I can get off the sleep aids soon and feel more relaxed.
Unread 10-13-2007, 06:18 PM
sleeping problems

I agree with you hummingbird, I think when the estrogen is high, that's when the trouble sleeping happens. I think that is why some women put progesterone cream on at night, it opposes estrogen, if I'm right. I remember reading a post where someone doubled their estrogen dose and felt very hyper. Just a thought.
Unread 10-13-2007, 06:46 PM
sleeping problems

The progesterone cream sounds like a great idea. I think I should try that. It can't hurt. When I increased the estrogen I felt very hyper that's a great way to describe it. Thanks for the thoughts about the progesterone.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register