Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 17-Jul 23,2017 | Hysterectomy Recovery Reports | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 17-Jul 23,2017 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 17-Jul 23,2017

Unread 07-17-2017, 04:00 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 17-Jul 23,2017

If your hysterectomy was between Jul 17-Jul 23,2017 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your hysterectomy recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns instead of including the question in your update! There is information on how to start a new thread in this link: New Here? or you can use this link: Post a New Topic in the Post-Op forum.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

We hope you are recovering well with plenty of rest and water and a bit of walking. Don't forget to pamper the princess!

How to use the Recovery Progress Reports thread:

• 1. This thread is for the purpose of sharing updates on your recovery as you heal from your hysterectomy.

• 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress and to share encouragement with your surgery week Sisters.

• 3. Remember to start a new thread on the Post-Op message board to ask your questions.

• 4. The Progress Report threads now begin in our special forum for all Hysterectomy Recovery Reports and will remain there for you to always find your discussion.
  • 5. Remember all the love and support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in the Pre-Op Hysterectomy Support forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of women helping women!
  • 6. You can also share support and experiences with post-op members in all phases of recovery in the Post-Op Hysterectomy Support forum by replying on the new threads they create.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-17-2017, 10:06 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 17-Jul 23,2017

Dear Sisters, welcome to this recovery thread!

This is your place to find sisters you may have met already online during your Pre Op Chat or simply bond with new ones along your journey. I am hoping that this thread will help you in the days and weeks and months to come, as we are all sisters who are in the same boat. Please share your stories and your thoughts and questions with one another here. Help another sister by responding to her question. Together, we will heal as one wonderful sister group.

I will be here to help you with my thoughts and support during this time of healing. Since my own surgeries were only a scant 3 months ago, I remember well what my recovery was like and I will share my experiences here with you all. As resource tools, I will also post articles that the website has to offer as it is a vast wealth of information.
Please remember that there is no such thing as a silly question. And please know it's ok just to post and to say that you need support.
I and many other sisters are here for you and want to be with you during this time of recovery.

For now, please remember the following:

lots of water.

get lots of sleep.

Take your pains meds as directed. You need them!

Call your doctor when any new symptom arises or whenever you might have a question for peace of mind.

Walk just a little bit (from your resting place to the bathroom or to the kitchen and back again).

I will check in with you all throughout the day.
Unread 07-17-2017, 04:57 PM

Hi guys!!

So just had my TLH. I'm in my room now and doing better than I thought. My lower back is where the most pain is. They said it could be from all the packing inside the vagina causing pressure. Ok....am I the only one who didnt know they take the uterus out from the vagina and the rest laparoscopicly? Anyway the doctor said my uterus is tilted so he punctured it during the procedure and thought he hit my bladder so had to put some blue dye inside to make sure, but all was good. Waiting to have dinner and then hopefully get some rest so this back pain goes away. Hope everyone is doing great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-17-2017, 05:28 PM

Back pain seems to happen quite a bit after surgery, unfortunately.
I have heard that back pain may be related to the way you are positioned on the operating table during the surgery. Perhaps a hot pack would help you? Other sisters have reported that icing the back has helped them as well.

Learning that your doctor may have nicked an organ during laparoscopic surgery is scary stuff. It's the first incision that is "blind" and can lead to such injuries, I believe.

Hope all sisters who have had their surgeries today and who are reading this are doing relatively well!

Sending you all healing thoughts!
Unread 07-18-2017, 10:27 AM

Hello, Chellsee 24 and all other sisters who may be checking in already!

How was your first night? Could you get comfortable? Got any sleep at all?

For some of us, the night or nights in the hospital can actually be somewhat comfortable since the anesthesia has not quite worn off yet and the pain medications we are on are quite strong. Also, you don't need to do anything but sleep and walk after your catheter has come out since someone else is bringing you the meds and food and drink.

Other sisters cannot get comfortable in a strange bed and strange setting. They can't wait to get home.

For all you sisters out there who had their surgeries yesterday or today: I am thinking of you!

Yay, sisters, the surgery is behind you!
Unread 07-18-2017, 11:38 AM

Whew!! I'm home from mine yesterday and now coherent enough to type. My TLH was pretty uneventful and they sent me home as soon as I could pee and walk. I'm so grateful I got to sleep in my own bed last night, away from the stress and beeping in the hospital! I woke up every couple hours to pee and thankfully that was the right schedule for me to keep on top of pain meds, too. I've learned my limit for being vertical and am planning to mostly read books and watch TV in bed for the next few days.

I'm so glad that's over with! I'm thinking good thoughts for the rest of you having your surgeries this week!
Unread 07-18-2017, 05:48 PM

Hey everyone, I hope you are doing well. I had a an abdominal hysterectomy this morning (kept cervix, at least I hope so! I was not totally with it when my surgeon came by). I had nausea and some vomiting afterwards (though not prolonged/not too bad), but feel good now. The team has been taking great care of me. Apparently, my uterus was the size and shape of a football, so it had to be a vertical incision. I am elated to have it out of me. I can take deep breaths again.

I'm thinking of you guys, who are waiting for surgery this week, or who are on the recovery side of things, too. Sending hugs, and calming, confident feelings to all. -KT
Unread 07-18-2017, 07:07 PM

Hi again!
So last night I stayed in the hospital and while the pain was not as bad as I thought it was going to be, I had such a hard time sleeping. Not because I was uncomfortable or in pain but because I think the Percocet had the opposite effect on me and kept me awake. Finally at 12:30 the nurse gave me an Ambien and I got a great four hours of sleep. At 6am the nurse took out the packing and my catheter and after using the bathroom I was discharged at 12. I'm home now and I am so thankful I'm not in pain. Still having trouble sleeping. I'll have to remember to rest and not over do it bc I'm feeling good. Hope everyone is doing good and recovering well.
Unread 07-18-2017, 07:12 PM

Welcome, Cavillatiorum and JJBlue- the surgery is behind you!
I am glad you decided to join this recovery forum and hope that you will find both an outlet for your feelings and questions as well as a place where you can help other sisters who have their surgeries in the next few days.

Cavillatiorum:
I am glad that you were able to pee and walk and were thus released so soon.
Please stay on your pain medication schedule even though there are no nurses to remind you at home. And yes, do take it easy!

JJBlue:
I am sorry that you experienced nausea and vomiting. That is tough after a TAH with the large incision. I hear that quite a few of us experience nausea after the powerful anesthesia and hope this is behind you for good!
Here is a tip from my own abdominal hysterectomy: Remember to brace yourself when you sneeze (or laugh).

Chellsee24: Are you home yet? If so, please remember to take it easy! The recovery road is not a race and this is a time when family and friends can really pitch in to help.

Dear sisters, please remember to

- drink enough water
- get enough rest
- remember to walk a little

I wish you all a good night!

I will check in with you tomorrow!
Unread 07-18-2017, 08:03 PM

ladies of the July 17-13, 2017 thread,

Glad to see you all on the otherside. Now that the worrying is over it is time to settle in and rest. That is your main task for the next few weeks. You have this one chance to do this right. If you will step back and look at the grand scheme of things these next few weeks are a small part of the rest of your life. If you take this time to take care of you and your body most likely you will get back to a new normal sooner.

So heed your Dr restrictions
walk a little each hour you are awake.
Sleep as much as you can and need even just cat naps
Drink lots of water
And you are worth it

I am sending lots of gentle sister hugs and prayers your way,
Anndy

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register