what can I do | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

what can I do what can I do

Unread 04-19-2006, 10:34 AM
what can I do

I'm not quite 3 weeks out and feel really good off of the narcotics and only taking Ibuprfen if i need it and now that i'm up and around a bit everywere i look i see something i need to do the floors need to be vacuumed and mopped the laundy needs to be done the lawn is knee deep it's making me crazy and i quit smoking after my surgery. they are all things i was told no to. my hubby is an over the road car hauler and won't be home for a while yet and my family helped as long as they could but have families of their own to take care of. i guess i'm just bored. i cleaned the house from top to bottom before the sugery and i hate to see it look like this
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2006, 10:41 AM
what can I do

is there a neighbor who can mow the grass for you? if not, hire someone to do it for you until you are further along in your recovery. don't try to do it yourself. don't worry about the house. do a lick and a promise here and there. keep the clutter to minimum. maybe you can spiff the bathroom without really cleaning it on your hands and knees. {{{hugs}}}
Unread 04-20-2006, 03:41 AM
what can I do

Hi lynnspeak

I would follow the Dr's Orders so as to not get a set back on your recovery. I agree w/journey4jane, hire someone to mow that yard for you. Listen to your body and just little things around the house. I know it is hard to let things go, especially when you feel like you can or should be doing something, but it will all work out in the end.

Please take care and don't overdo it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2006, 04:46 AM
what can I do

I totally understand what you are going thru, I am very OCD about my house and yard. Spring is here and I would normally be out planting, weeding, and wahing walls and curtains. However, pushing a lawnmower prob'ly is not a very good idea. I too am not quite three weeks out, and saw the doc on monday. Asked about my restrictions. Her advice, use caution so not to set me back. That I don't and can't afford to have happen. So I vacuum a little, I pass the mop enough to make me feel better, and i bought some great heavy duty bathroom cleaner, the kind that scrubs itsself, just to feel clean. I overhaul the things I can like the pantry which requires no lifting and bending. these smaller projects make me feel like i have accomplished something reather than everything driving me nuts. But one thing for sure, those of us who challange ourselves and our bodies recovery MUST listen to what our bodies are telling us.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register