New pain at 4 weeks post op | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New pain at 4 weeks post op New pain at 4 weeks post op

Unread 01-16-2013, 09:44 AM
New pain at 4 weeks post op

Good morning, ladies. My recovery was going along very well..until yesterday. I am 4 weeks post op today and yesterday I experienced a sharp pain on the right side of my lower abdomen - actually near the end of my incision - it was awful! Hurt to move even a little. I took a pain pill at bedtime (which I haven't had to do in a while) and phoned my doctory this morning. He told me there is a knot at each end of the incision that can sometimes become irritated and cause pain. I felt better after speaking with him - has anyone else experienced this pain? It really freaked me out! The pain is less today, but still a dull ache.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2013, 02:23 PM
Re: New pain at 4 weeks post op

Yes, my left incision has been hurting for about a week now and I am 5 weeks post op as of yesterday. I assumed it had something to do with the stitches probably starting to dissolve. The incision itself is also slightly more red (not red like infected, the scar itself had turned a purplish color and now is back to a more reddish color). I also notice more abdominal pain on that side.

I have started reliving my life, though, including driving, lots of walking, dealing with kids, household chores (other than vacuuming, sweeping, mopping), etc. It's not awful, so I'm just assuming that it's just part of the process!
Unread 03-22-2013, 09:39 AM

Hi ladies
I'm 4 weeks post op and have been driving for a week as I was feeling a lot better. However I've noticed the pain has returned when was hardly any before and slight bleeding as well. I also find if I have a busy day I have to spend the next day in bed resting because I'm totally exhausted. I'm going to give the driving a break and see if the pain dissipates. Has anybody else done too much too soon? Xxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2013, 10:47 AM

I am almost at 4 weeks and have been driving for 2 weeks already, no problem with that. But I do notice that on the days that I feel well I tend to really overdo it. Then for 2 days I end up with pain and am completely exhausted. I've heard it said, 'we take one step forward and two steps back at this point', it's still progress though. We need to force ourselves to not do too much even when it feels like we are healed. These set-backs are hard to take and then I personally get really mad at myself for causing them. Take care!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register