Am I right? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 09-20-2004, 10:43 AM
Am I right?

I am excited to be a princess and will be going to the castle on Friday. The funny thing about it is that I am looking forward to it. No not the actual surgery and recovery time, but the fact I will not have any more periods or pain or ruined undies etc.... When I have told people that I am having a TVH, they all feel badly and ask me if I'm ok with it. People have been VERY surprised that yes, I am ok with it! I have dealt with painful periods for 20 years or so and have had 4 surgeries for dermoids and for the last 3 years have been dealing with dysplasia that keeps coming back, periods that last for 2 weeks, etc .. I know you ladies know the drill and for that I am thankful. I am hoping that I am not going to have an attack of nerves or second thoughts as the week goes on, but for now I am happy with my decision and look forward to what's in the future! Oh and I am taking advantage of the surgery to get my bladder tightened so no more peeing when I laugh, sneeze, cough....Yippee!

xoxox Codworks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-20-2004, 11:01 AM
Am I right?

they are surprised only because they don't understand all that us girls have gone through with our period. on a brighter note my dr told me that in his experience, women who have come to terms with having a hysetectomy heal faster that those that havent. i wish you a speedy recovery
jane321
Unread 09-20-2004, 11:02 AM
Am I right?

Hi!
People were surprised at my attitude too. I had my period since I was 11 yo. and I hated it the 24 years it lasted. The last 5 years were the worst, with enormous pain, heavy bleeding and irregularity. That's why when I knew I was going to have a TAH I was nervous but very happy. Some people told me I looked like I was going on a vacation. In the OR the surgeon said that I had the happiness of a woman about to have a boob job! That's how happy I feel even now after 4 weeks.
After my surgery I wrapped all my remaining maxi pads and tampons in small individual gifts with a tag that said "HA HA HA HA" and gave them to all the women who came to see me. Everyone laughed a lot.
I think you have a great percentage of your recovery already won if you keep that optimism.
Hugs
anita
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-20-2004, 11:19 AM
Am I right?

Codworks, read my story on Princesss tell their stories, I am one week post op and very tired now, but read my story it will help you, Love, D
Unread 09-20-2004, 11:35 AM
Am I right?

Thank you ladies! I had thought of the idea of giving the tampons away with the thank you notes, but I do like the fact that you wrote HA HA HA with them! Thank you D, it was nice to read a story from start to finish, good luck with your recouping.
Codworks

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register