Going Nuts | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 12-09-2003, 10:10 AM
Going Nuts

Help me somebody please. Is it pre surgery jitters or am I just going insane. My morning started off like all the rest with the exception of being tired from not sleeping well last night. All of a sudden about an hour ago I became all jittery and I feel like screaming and crying all at the same time.
I have that "something is wrong" feeling. I am still 8 days from my castle date. Can it be that? Harmones? Geez somebody just talk to me before I strangle my PC.. hehe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-09-2003, 10:46 AM
Going Nuts

Hang in there! You are experiencing the pre surgery jitters. I think most if not all of us went through them. The pre surgery and waiting are much worse than the recovery. I had the same types of feeling until the day before. By then, I was just ready to get it over with and I was very calm. I don't regret having the surgery at all. I'm very glad to have my life back and wearing white even after Labor Day!!!

You'll soon be laughing your way down the feminine protection aisle with the rest of us Princesses!

Best wishes!

Froglegs
Unread 12-09-2003, 11:02 AM
Going Nuts

Hi, my surgery is scheduled for the same date, and WOW am I getting nervous and scared. I wish I could offer you some advice but were in the same boat together My stomach churns and I'm having problems sleeping, even my dreams are about having surgery. I'll keep you in my thoughts.

"You'll soon be laughing your way down the feminine protection aisle with the rest of us Princesses!"

I like that LOL, good one froglegs

's

Heather
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-09-2003, 11:57 AM
Going Nuts

Quote:
Originally posted by TechChick
Hi, my surgery is scheduled for the same date, and WOW am I getting nervous and scared. I wish I could offer you some advice but were in the same boat together My stomach churns and I'm having problems sleeping, even my dreams are about having surgery. I'll keep you in my thoughts.

"You'll soon be laughing your way down the feminine protection aisle with the rest of us Princesses!"

I like that LOL, good one froglegs

's

Heather
Gotta love that quote froglegs.
Yeah, the visions of sugar plums are more like trocars and sutures. Last night was horrible and the sudden panic attack today was just wild. I have had surgery before but this is so diffrent. I worry about hot flashes and sex drive. My doc does not want to put me on harmones if he can help it because he said it increases my chances of breast cancer and since my mom had it I am already at risk. Not taking it increases my chances of heart attack and my baby brother just died from an M.I. so sleep is not coming easy.
We will make it though right? I mean we have the best support group in the world right here.
Happy Holidays and I'll think about you and all of our Dec. 17 sisters...on Dec 17.
Unread 12-09-2003, 01:09 PM
Going Nuts

LOL A couple of weeks ago I was in the supermarket with my sister and she picked up a box of tampons and I said, "hehehehe I'll never need those again!" I felt like doing a dance. LOL

As for the nerves, it's totally normal. I had such mood swings before my surgery that I didn't talk to many people and I cried a lot because I felt like people just didn't understand what I was going through. The girls who said that the pre surgical jitters are worse than post op is right, the what if's can make you totally nuts. But that's why we're all here to help you through.

Take deep breaths and try to relax, everything will be fine!!

Mary Ellen
Unread 12-09-2003, 06:09 PM
Going Nuts

That sounded like me on Monday. I even had a panic attack. I only have one or two a year and all of a sudden one hit Monday. It's all pre-surgery jitters. Just take slow deep breaths through out the day and you will be fine.

Linda
Unread 12-10-2003, 07:06 AM
Going Nuts

Hi there! My surgery is the day before yours so I too am having a little anxiety creeping into my mind. Yesterday at 7am I paused a moment and thought "They are wheeling me in about now" then about 9am I stopped a second and thought "it should be all over around this time next week" kind of had a calming effect on me. I am also in Texas, near Austin. I lived in Beaumont for three years so I know exactly where Vidor is. Good Luck with your surgery. Loree

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register