What To Take - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-19-2004, 02:03 PM
What To Take

Pauline,

I wish I could get Typhoo here! I drink my 'oo every morning. My Gran has to send it from Faversham. I think I'll ask her to send some Double Decker bars to help comfort me after surgery!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-19-2004, 08:00 PM
what to take?`

I had read all sorts of good suggestions here for what to take to the hospital--lip gloss (for dry lips), light robe, back scratcher, all sorts of things. I ended up not using anything except whatever the hospital supplied. As long as I had a pitcher of ice, a clean gown, and my little morphine pump, I was dandy. I was glad not to have to keep track of anything.....
Unread 05-19-2004, 09:47 PM
What To Take

Oh yes. The best part of my castle visit: Mom and kids showing up with a dozen Krispy Kreme glazed donuts. There's a shop just less than a mile from the castle, and they were sooooo gooey and warm--the only thing I was missing was a tall glass of ice cold milk........

If you have a favorite snacky, have a loved one bring some, or pack your own. Comfort food is not always a bad thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-20-2004, 01:19 AM
What To Take

Pinkin, there is so nothing like a good cup of tea. My tea of choice is yorkshire tea, big strong bags.

I hope you get your doubledeckers in time fo your op. Tea and chocolate mmmmmmm.

Hope all goes well
Unread 05-20-2004, 04:05 AM
Pinkin, as long as you're going to Walmart

Just a thought: Hit the cosmetic section and get an eye mask, ear plugs & cheap backscratcher (all this will be less than $5).

It is good to shop!
Unread 05-20-2004, 06:14 AM
What To Take

take me to walmark now.........
I have a feling I would love that store if I ever came across it $5 sooo cheep
Unread 05-20-2004, 06:50 AM
What To Take

I will definitely have my tea! My friend mailed it earlier this week. I like the eye mask idea. Especially since they turn the lights on ALL the time when they come in and out of your room.
I am making my list for walmart right now.
Pauline, I will have to take a picture of wal mart just for you!
Unread 05-20-2004, 02:55 PM
What To Take

I havent seen tweezers mentioned. If I have to lay in the hospital for 3-5 days I will definately be needing mine! Even if I do not feel like using them my hubby can do it for me!
Unread 05-20-2004, 05:47 PM
What To Take

Thank you Pinkin all those bargins
Unread 05-20-2004, 06:22 PM
What To Take

I took tons of stuff..my suitcase was overpacked...but I used very little. Here's what I needed and used:

Lip Balm (essential)
Backscratcher (essential for me...the tape from the EKG leads made my sides/underarms itch and reaching around the first couple of days was not comfortable. The backscratcher was great.)
Granny underwear 2 sizes too large (essential...it was wonderful not having anything rub against my incision or bind my legs.)
Portable CD player with earphones and relaxation tapes.
A "tummy" pillow for the ride home.

My hospital supplied all toiletries that I needed and I didn't even open mine. For some reason, perfumed smells made me nauseous (in fact, I have only begun wearing my favorite perfume this week) so the non-smelling products were great.

I wore a hospital gown the whole time rather than my own pjs. It was much easier getting out of bed, etc. In fact, I wore a 2nd hosptial gown backwards for a robe. Everyone on my floor was doing it and it was very comfortable and convenient.

I could have cared less how I looked and wore no makeup.

I wore the slipper socks provided by the hospital.

I wore the same clothing (a jogging/sweat suit) home that I wore to the hospital.

I didn't read anything that I had packed.

Good luck...I'll be thinking of you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register