new to board | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-21-2001, 10:39 PM
new to board

Hi everyone,
TAH scheduled for 2/16/2001. I have been reading all the posts and they have been a wonderful source of info. I have had sugery before, but I am somewhat apprehensive. My mom passed away on Dec 29, 2000, so I am dealing with the fact that she won't be there to offer comfort and support. My dad will be coming in from Indiana to stay with me, but it just won't be the same. I don't want to postpone the surgery because I have been battling my problems for two years and finally found a doctor who agrees it is time for surgery. I am so worried about getting everything done before hand and how i am going to do anything after. Does anyone have any suggestions to avoid a meltdown? I don't know how much help my husband is going to be. When you have to tell someone every little thing ( like they don't notice the trash is overflowing and needs taken out) ect. It tends to fray the nerves. Sorry this got so long, but I haven't been able to talk to anyone about this and this has really helped.

Thanks for listening.
Robin
Abnormal and continual bleeding and anemia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-22-2001, 03:12 AM
new to board

Hello Robin and welcome to hyster sisters. I am so sorry to hear about your mum, you must miss her so . Having your dad there will not be the same but I am sure that he loves you so very much and wants to support you as much as he can. Take each day as it comes , have a list of try to do chores. Not all will get done but if the chores on the list are done well..... at least that is something the rest will wait til you get better. After your op you will have to rest for as long as your dr. advises and make sure you do, it is important. Maybe have a list for your helpers so that they know what is to be done while you are recuperating. The waiting is the worst part but if you do some chores and a special something for yourself each day, then the wait will be over before you know it. Hope this is of some help love always
Unread 01-22-2001, 03:53 AM
new to board

Robin...
I am so sorry about your mom....{{{{{{{{{big hugs}}}}}}}}}}}
I am sure she will be watching over you and keeping you safe. As far as your DH....men mean well...they just have to have things spelled out for them. Print off a few posts that say...no vacuuming,etc...rest,rest,rest...and ask him if you can count on him to help you. Most hubbys are happy to pitch in if they know what you want and need. As for avoiding a meltdown...the nerves are normal. I managed to cook and clean and get the house stocked up before surgery...but I sobbed myself to sleep every night for the month before. I just didn`t know what to expect as I had never had surgery before. I found Hystersisters just a few days before. You are so fortunate to be here nice and early and have time to prepare and bond with all your new sisters. We will help you every step of the way! The waiting is the worst, honey...when you hit the other side you will be telling all the new LIW the same thing....its the waiting that will wear you out! You take care...and come back here often....post all your fears, concerns and questions and bond with this wonderful support and these wonderful women!
Welcome to our world sister!
{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}
kaatie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register