pedicure | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 10-20-2005, 06:36 PM
pedicure

You're probably getting tired of all my questions, but here's another one anyway. I was thinking of pampering myself before surgery with a professional pedicure, so at least my feet will look pretty. I'm not much on slippers. My feet get hot. Anyway, what is the rule these days about nail polish in the operating room. Didn't that use to be a big no no? If so, is it still?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-20-2005, 06:43 PM
pedicure

I think the no-polish rule has to do with the oxygen meter they clip on to your finger. I wasn't given any instructions about polish and went for a pedicure before my surgery. I picked a pretty bright pink to cheer me up.

Enjoy the pampering.
Unread 10-20-2005, 06:57 PM
pedicure

Wendy, I think it depends on the hospital. I had a pedicure and have acrylic fingernails. I had them both done in a French manicure and no one said anything to me about it in the OR. The O2 saturation machine does work on painted nails but they need to see your nail beds to be sure you are perfusing well (blueish nail beds means you are not getting enough oxygen). Just to be sure check your hospitals policy on polish.
Michelle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-20-2005, 07:02 PM
pedicure

I asked during my pre-admission testing and was told it was okay for polish and acrylic nails, the O2 meter reads through them. The day before my surgery I had a manicure and pedicure and my nails still look terrific!
Unread 10-20-2005, 08:29 PM
pedicure

I asked too at my hospital and will be having a pedicure for sure before I go in...that is on my MUST do list. I won't have my nails on because I do them myself and I know I won't feel like doing them and well if I do I need a new set anyhow.
Unread 10-21-2005, 06:32 AM
pedicure

I called my hospital to see... and I was able to have a pedicure (but no nail polish on my fingers). I went with OPI's "don't whine.... YUKON do it" because I liked the color and I think it sent a positive message to me. I found some slippers that even showed off my pretty painted toes!
Good luck all of you soon to be princesses!
Unread 10-21-2005, 06:50 AM
pedicure

I also checked with the Nurse during my Pre-op visit and she said treat yourself to a pedicure but make sure you only have a french or american manicure on your fingernails. I am glad I did it. My first place I drove to after I was released to drive after my two week visit was the Nail Salon!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register