dVH/RALH Trip to the ER - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Trip to the ER Trip to the ER

Unread 01-04-2013, 07:42 PM
Re: Trip to the ER

I am allergic to the steril strips too. They went off by themselves and now I am itchy around all three incision areas. Not sure what to put on. Have tried first aid cream and tea tree oil. Tea tree oil seems work a little bit better though.
When I went for my 4-week check, the gyn said those strips could be removed after 3 days. What??? I did not know that and always worried about the incision not healing.

Hope your incision would heal soon. I am not sure if you should use the alcohol wipe to keep the germ away but a nurse told me that is the worst thing to do. I wipe the strips area after shower though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2013, 09:29 PM

My umbilical incision popped open too luckily for me, it happened during office hours (yesterday). I went in, and she numbed the area, stitched it up and then glued on top of it. Mine was more of a dime sized hole. I go back in a week to check on healing. I feel your pain
Unread 01-04-2013, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branlan View Post
My umbilical incision popped open too luckily for me, it happened during office hours (yesterday). I went in, and she numbed the area, stitched it up and then glued on top of it. Mine was more of a dime sized hole. I go back in a week to check on healing. I feel your pain
WOW. Sad to say that I'm glad I'm not alone in this. How I wish it would have happened during business hours and NOT on a holiday but such is life. Between the blisters at the beginning from the steri-strips, followed by the infection, and now it not wanting to heal at all I'm concerned and frustrated to say the least. So GLAD to have all of you guys. Now I just continue to clean the area with hypo allergenic baby wipes and watch and wait. and it doesn't help that she poked in the little opening gap today and pulled out one of the internal sutures. Really, was that necessary today?

I hope you feel better soon!!!

Luv and hugs to you all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2013, 11:46 PM

I am highly allergic to adhesive and surgical glue. My nurse told me to use extra strength hydrocortisone on the area (not the incisions themselves) by applying with a q-tip. It really helped me a lot. However, the entire experience was excruciating.
Unread 01-04-2013, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meglove View Post
I am allergic to the steril strips too. They went off by themselves and now I am itchy around all three incision areas. Not sure what to put on. Have tried first aid cream and tea tree oil. Tea tree oil seems work a little bit better though.
When I went for my 4-week check, the gyn said those strips could be removed after 3 days. What??? I did not know that and always worried about the incision not healing.

Hope your incision would heal soon. I am not sure if you should use the alcohol wipe to keep the germ away but a nurse told me that is the worst thing to do. I wipe the strips area after shower though.
I'm sorry that you're allergic to the strips too. I got horrible blisters from mine. It was awful and then I got an infection and now this. It feels like the Star Wars Trilogy... In a galaxy far far away.. (that's where I wish I was) I don't know how the strips could come off after three days unless they used dermabond too, which they didn't with me because.. SHOCKER... I'm allergic.

I hope you feel better too.
Unread 01-04-2013, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdobroski View Post
I am highly allergic to adhesive and surgical glue. My nurse told me to use extra strength hydrocortisone on the area (not the incisions themselves) by applying with a q-tip. It really helped me a lot. However, the entire experience was excruciating.
Heading for hydrocortisone right now.. Why didn't I think of that? Actually I'll use my trimcinolone acetonide.. It's from my dermatologist.. Should work wonders. I've been taking my atarax (heavy duty antihistamine from my dermatologist because of my photo-dermatitis. Yes I live in AZ and I'm allergic to the sun (especially if I eat citrus and go outside.. weird combo doesn't work and I'm NOT pretty afterwards and for a couple weeks after. That's for the tip.
Unread 02-26-2013, 12:36 AM

Well I've been back to work since 01-28-13 and I can honestly say with a straight face that I have hated between 85-95% of each day. I pray that I get the position I'm going for.

Anyhow I digress.. as it appears to be determined I am allergic to latex and all adhesives etc. I am really trying to figure out what I am going to do regarding my estradiol patch because in certain spots the adhesive literally eats away my skin.. I don't think it's gonna work much long. I may have to switch to pill form Anyone else have issues like this. I spent two weeks in pain because the large band aide by dr. put over my surtures ate my skin like a fire. I had to go and get silver Silver sulfadiazin from my PCP to take out the burn.

anyhow anyone else out there with skin like this?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register